Hey gang.
It's feeling like hot summer nights in mid-July 🌄
It might just be my favorite!
We found some new people, and we got some good things done. Our challenge last week was probably from trying to help our friends come to church. We had three friends say they were coming. And long story short, it was 10, so we went inside to go sit down, and we got a text from our friend that said he didn't see us outside, so he's leaving. So we called him and then went outside, and literally as we were walking out the doors. He drove past, and we started running after him, trying to get his atención that we were there. And a man walking to his car starts running after him too and then the lady across the street walking her dog starts waving for him. And he just drove away..... so un that was tragic. Kind of felt like a failed him but I also have never chased someone to come to church
But best news is that this last Sunday was on fire. We had some special guests pull up to church yesterday though! First, we had our friend Ismeal (same one I chased last week); he got there 15 minutes early 🙌. Then church started, and we had a friend who was like, "I'm gonna be late, but I'm on the way." So I'm waiting by the door of the chapel, and the sacrament starts going, and I see a text that he's going to be 10 more minutes. So I go inside, and then after a minute I'm like, I need to go back out. And literally a different friend walks in! Adrian walked in, and we sat him down, and then I came back out and Emiliano walked in, and then it was literally the best day ever. And to top it all off, my brother Peter and his wife Rachel and 2 of their kids came to my ward! It was literally insane. They were doing some work in Washington, so they decided it was a good idea to come visit Hood River and come to church, so that was literally wild, and it was my favorite Sunday ever. The vibes were crazy because I was sister Olsen for all the English speakers, Hermana for Spanish, and then Debbie for my family. It was so wild worlds colliding.
We had a lesson with Emiliano, and it was the windiest day I've had in Hood River yet. And fun fact, Hood River is the windsurfing capital of the world (if you don't know what that is, look it up; it's pretty neat), and so we needed to have this lesson outside. Because he's a boy 1 and 2, we wanted fellowship who was also a boy. So we go to this park, and the wind is going! And these huge seeds start falling from the trees above and literally almost take us out. And then as we are trying to watch the bible video of Jesus getting baptized, a branch breaks off and lands right behind Emiliano. So we are like that's its we packing up. And we go sit criss-cross applesauce in the little part of the park and yapp. It was awesome, probably the most chaotic lesson I've had in a hot minute. And then also first responders fly past us with horns honking and all of it. And so that was a lot. And then in English class that night our friend Leo told us he needs to find a new job because his boss died. And we were like today? And he was like "sí en el río" and that's when we realized the first responders we saw were headed down to the river for his boss who drowned.... so wild. But the lesson with Emiliano was awesome little king is gonna get baptized we just need to help him build a testimony. Prayers up for him 🙏💪
It's so so pretty here. Just love it. We had Zone Conference and MLC, which really just means I've got to see so many of my cutie friends. I've also been on 2 exchanges now as an STL, and it's been just so fun. Like these Sisters are the best. I got to go with sister bell on Saturday and I fear i peed a little on a door step because we are 2 pees in a pod. Lol get it. Anyway. 🫛
Anyway, I have no idea what else I've been down. But my little thought today comes from last Sunday when I was having a small crash-out during the sacrament. Which, just so you all know, I am doing just fine, but sometimes you just need to reconnect with your Savior. But I was sitting there, and then the intermediate song was "It Is Well with My Soul," and for those of you who don't know, that song is near and dear to my heart, and I just cried through the whole thing. And the part that I just adore is this
My sin, not in part but the whole,
"Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul.
It Is Well with My Soul"
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/music/hymns-for-home-and-church/it-is-well-with-my-soul?lang=eng&id=figure1_p16-figure1_p18#figure1_p16
I am so grateful for a Savior who took my sins and nailed them to the cross so that I might give them up to know him better. And I did that Sunday for at least the best I could. I adore the scripture that is linked with this song. It's
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1 Peter 1:7
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/nt/1-pet/1?lang=eng&id=p7#p7
The trial of your faith is more precious than gold. That means that we shouldn't be hurt by God when it feels he lets us go through too much. Because the promise is that, when we are in the middle of being "tried with fire," we might be found praising. God is so good and his love so big. That's why its possible to feel peace in the middle of✨️ chaos ✨️
Anyway, that's a little in on the life of a missionary on my adventures in the hood of Oregon 🏞
Love you all
Let me know how everything is going
♡/ Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment