Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, April 29, 2026

4.28.2026 Cup half full! 9️⃣✅

 Ok todos escuchen 


This one is gonna be muy rápido, pero I wanted to send something. 

This week was slay. Actually a little tough, but that's ok. No worries, we bounce back after setbacks (shout out to hna Gallion), but it's actually chill

We had a little ✨️milagro✨️ . We had a slay friend we met at the end of last transfer who pulled up to church; se llama Ruban. Anyway, Ruben has had some crazy work scheduling, like actually insane. But we've been keeping in contact with him via text and voice messages, which is some top content. Anyway, this week literally everything we had planned fell through; like, members were all insanely busy, so were our friends. We had a goal of finding 6 new people, but we had found only 1 by the end of this week. And to say the least, estuvimos luchando por nuestra vidas ⚔️ it was actually tragic. But Sunday after Church he texted us and was like "I got the whole day free," so we set up to come by. And then we had the most fire lesson of the restoration, and let me tell you, John was eating it up. I was reciting the frist vision, which is acrually always so spiritual and i looked at him and he was taking it all it. Actually the most elect person I have even knocked into. And the best part is, while we were talking, his friend poked his head around the corner, and we were like, yo, come join us! He did. He loved it. Said he's gonna read the Book of Mormon. Called a member into the lesson to share testimony; it was the best. God blessed us with helping us see a little success in our efforts; no, we were still so far from our goals, BUT we got to be there for one who really mattered. Walked away from this lesson realizing the missionary work is so silly fun and i love it. 

I was having a crash-out, and a random guy we invited to church gave us two brand-new bottles of lemonade and walked away. Almost cried. 
We crashed a wedding, almost caught the bouquet 💐 
And that's about all I remember from this week.... GULP 

Anyway get this everyone mañana i hit 🎆9 MONTHS🎇 of being a missionary for my savior and pause let me tell you nothing feels real but seriously feeling so grateful to be where I am doing what I am also becoming. 

A little exposing myself here, but I thought I would just share anyway since we are all here together....
But this week was, like I said, a little brutal. Everything that was going wrong and all my frustrations and whatnot. Was not only affecting my mental space, but I was actually starting to feel physically ill. Like let me tell you I know it was weird. But i was reading in Alma 7 and he says in verse 15 "... lay a side sin which doth easily beset you" and as I read I was like pause why is this me right now. Everything is easily besetting me. Like everything. And so i locked in and read the verse over again and this is what it says. 
"15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism."

And then it hit me: the first step to finding healing and improvement is to one come, and two fear not. Believing only. And then when he had done that, we can remember the covenant we have made with our Father in heaven, and that, my cutie friends, is a way we access the "power" from our covenant. Knowledge that God doesn't leave us alone because he sent Jesus and the Holy Spirit to be with us. So the invitation: come and fear not. I'm still figuring it out, but the promise is that we can find answers to our worries, doubts, and struggles through the scriptures. 
God is so good
His plan is also so good
Making a covenant with Him actually changes the game 

Love love love you all 🤸‍♀️🤩

♡/Hermana Olsen 

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...