Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, May 13, 2026

5.12.2026 I'm a cake 🧁 I'm a cup cake

 Hola a todos cómo están? Jk I'm still fighting for my life speaking Spanish; everyone, pray for me 🙏


Anyway, here with a little email and some silly updates.


Practically we have been running it here in Zillah Washington, i wont even lie to you i big love it here. I feel like I finally know what's going on (lol only took me 4 ½ months) jk it's just I am simply quite fond of the people here.


We put a friend on date for baptism this week for May 30th cero que. Very exciting; wasn't expecting it, but I think it's gonna be good. Her name is Nieves ⛄️ she's a slayer and even pulled up to church on Sunday. We have other, actually incredible friends we are working with. Benjamin, who I have mentioned before, is about the most ready a person can be to be baptized. Except for the part where he has never been to church…. But don't worry, our presidente de la rama is convinced we are gonna find him a new job lol. Prayers his plotting works out. Because holy Benjamin is elegido 🔥 he loves the bom and loves listening to conference talks and music on the gospel library app and bro is literally 22. He's basically ready for the missionary lifestyle. 


Also, en realidad I am living and serving in the boonies:

I saw a momma hen and her 7 chicks on the side of the road. Tried to pick one up, and mamá almost attacked me. 🐤 

We saw a cow being butchered in someone's driveway. So much meat just on the tarp. 

We walked past a house with about 7 Mexican men standing outside, drinking beer and yapping, waved, and kept on walking. The next house, the dogs ran up and barked at us agresivoso through the fence, and we just heard “hey! Leave them alone” in a little Spanish accent from the neighbors. We looked back at them and said, "Thank you!" And they all just smiled and waved. It was so funny 

Went to the Spanish branch Mother's Day party, and the elders got asked to sing for them. So they sang “Mother dear, I love you so,” but decided it would be better if they dressed up as moms. So we grabbed some dresses, and they fully committed to the bit; the abuelitas ate it up. 

Little latina lady who is short and plump we are teaching english too was trying to ask how to say she makes cakes and just say "i am cake...?" Realized what she said and then was like "no I am cupcake" i peed myself 


In my studies this week I was reading in john 9 its the story of the blind man that jesus heals by making clay out of spit and dirt putting it on his eyes. He washed, and the Pharisees questioned him, and he says the most beautiful testimony 

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

He shows with humility what it means to trust even when we don't understand everything. He could have questioned Jesus about the spirit and dirt or that he had to wash or that he could actually be healed by a stranger. But he was, and he trusted. How often I catch myself wanting a few too many explanations of why, how, when, and who. But this man didn't ask those questions. But he recognized that Christ had to be from God, and because of that, it didn't matter what anyone else said because he saw. He had his testimony. And he stuck to it. 


President Holland gave a beautiful talk about this story, and he mentions how in our lives, spit and dirt are how most of our miracles come to be. Or sometimes we feel ourselves to be spit and dirt. But look what Jesus does with it. He helps the blind see. That's how I feel as I try to fulfill this calling. Like no more than spit and dirt, trying to help people see that what I am trying to share is real. But every once in a while you find those people who trust almost blindly, but they feel something too, so they trust anyway. And before you know it, their eyes are opened, and they realize who their healer is. It's not us but our savior. But we have the great privilege of being his ingredients in his miracles. I won't even lie to you; this work is the best. I will never forget the feeling of knowing that god is using you to help his children see. It's the best. 


John 10:10 says 

“...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” 

That's the promise when we choose him. Doesn't that make all the hard worth it all the spirt and dirt seem like something more. 


Anyway, I love you all. Here's all my thoughts; hope you enjoyed it.


Join the googs sometimes there's silly content 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/enS6qVdNZ1tQC8b78


♡/Hermana Olsen 

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...