Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, May 26, 2026

5.25.2026. Give me a pine tree and ill be happy for days 🌲

Ok slayers 

I'm back


Starting out strong with 🫨 transfer news 🫨 you're not gonna believe it…. I am leaving the state of Washington πŸ§™‍♂️ and I'm headed to the great state of Oregon 🏞. This emoji is exactly what it looks like here. Not even lying. I'm in Hood River, Oregon, and let me tell you, I have loved my time serving around Yakima, but nothing beats the actual mountains, rivers, and pine trees 🌲. It has had my jaw on the floor since I got here. It's actually insane. We live across the street from a beautiful park, and we have a small orchard in our backyard. Cherry season starts in a few weeks, and I'm very excited. πŸ’ People be living in the most beautiful places. And we get to drive the most beautiful roads. There are 2 snow-topped volcanoes we can see sometimes even at the same time. It's Mt Adams, and on the opposite side of the valley, it's Mt Hood. I will never get sick of the view, I fear. 


Oh on the other hand I did have to say goodbye to my beloved area in Zillah WA I truly love it there. Like it really felt like my area. I fear I knew so many people there. Like I was making all the Latino family connections; it was awesome. I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite people, friends, and members. I honestly felt really loved, and everyone was so sweet. Holy, I am gonna miss them. But I trust my compy will take good care of everyone ✊️


Last week we did have zone conference, and it was at the end of the transfer, and so it had felt like a drought, but it was amazing; we had not one but two visits from general authorities. Elder and Hermana Martinez and Elder and Hermana Ortega. It was incredible, and so much beautiful wisdom was dropped. So grateful for God's called leaders in the world to help us and guide us every day. 


My last week in Zillah was awesome. A little story time for you… Last preparation day, we went to Denny's for a little end-of-transfer get-together. And got to eat a stack of pancakes. And then we ran over to Walmart, and as I went to check out, I looked at my wallet, and both my personal card and my mission funds cards were missing. I had a small crash-out as we retraced our steps and went all the way through Walmart, looking under shelves for like an hour. We talked to customer service, and they've got nothing. And then I realized that my driver's license was also gone. We call Denny's; nothing. We walk the parking lot, nothing. We check inside again, I call my mom, cry in the middle of Walmart. Walk around, she says a prayer, and tears are streaming down my face, and still nothing. Walmart suggested we go to the police station and file a police report so they can look at cameras and try to find it. I'm standing in this line at the police station, and there are some people behind me talking, and I'm trying to explain to this lady again how the cards must have fallen out of my wallet. And then the girl behind me is like, “Excuse me, is this you?” And holds up a my drivers license and both cards 🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨 i literally just hugged her. It was crazy. She found them at Denny's and was like I should take them to the police station. And then boom we were there at the exact same time. It was crazy. God literally heard my mom's prayer and knew I was crashing out over not having my driver's license. Unfortunately between the losing and the finding was about 3 hours of looking both my cards had been canceled so i am currently without any source of money…. But that's ok; my roommates have been very kind and have shared food with me. Hopefully i can get some funds here soon πŸ™ but a testament that God is aware of me and even the little things which I could have survived without worked out. 


Anyway, my last 2 weeks have been awesome and hard and a little hot, but mostly my heart has just been really full of gratitude.


A little thought from my scripture studies; I was listening to a BYU speech, not sure which one, but it had to do with the concept of this proverb 4:7 “... in all thy getting get understanding.” 

He broke it down like this: being taught → intelligence → knowledge → wisdom → then understanding. It is the last step or the highest one because it is more than just knowing something; it is becoming something. This concept has been keeping my thoughts for a long time. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 

5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


So not only our own understanding but the Lord's understanding of all things. In the scriptures, it is so prominent when a people or Christ's disciples don't understand. It is a point where they start to fall into pride or they have to choose trust. If we choose not to understand with our hearts, we choose to not let God direct our paths. This is a curious idea 

Because we won't understand everything, but we can have an understanding of the heart. That peace God blesses me with. The that passes our personal understanding. Anyway, I'm not really sure how to get there, but I think it's pretty cool that the end product is kind of what God wants to give us first. Anyway, I'm trying to help others understand God's will while also trying to understand myself. It's pretty neat to watch someone's understanding of God's love grow. I also think understanding is a form of repentance that leads to healing. 


But solo Dios sabe 


Love you all, sorry for an essay 


♡/ Hermana Olsen 


The google photos come see beautiful Oregon >

https://photos.app.goo.gl/enS6qVdNZ1tQC8b78

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew πŸ—£☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...