Wow! It sounds like you had such an awesome Easter! 4 dozen eggs, thats a lot! Did the park have the Easter egg hunt too? I`m so glad to hear that you finished the Living Christ. Thats so neat. I haven`t. I haven`t figured out when I can work on it, we`re also memorizin the scripture masterys as a mission in Spanish... hopefully i`ll be able to figure out a good time to do it. I can`t believe Lindsay already had her farewell and everything! If you see her again tell her I love her lots, and she`s amazing, and I would really love to have her address of her mission. Dinner sounded like it was amazing! We ate rice and meat.. like always :) But Hna Arminda, la pensionista, gave us chocolate eggs for Easter, i`m sending a picture. I woke up wondering about all the things you were going to do for Easter, how was the dinner, as awesome as Christmas eve? I have a feeling i`m going to like all this great traditions. My camera just died, hopefully next week i can send pics...
Natalie, you`re gonna have a baby!!! haha Congrats, I`m so excited, and constantly wondering if blueberry has graced you with his/her presence yet. I`m praying for you and your family. Be safe mom, in your travels. I wrote down nat`s number, and your cell and i have the house phone, and dads. and I would really love to talk to you all. I can`t wait! What will happen is I`ll call the day before and give you a number and then you`ll call me. You could probably do a practice the night before. Like at 9:30 my time. We have church at 9:00 my time, so the afternoon will work better for me. You guys have church at 10, right? Oh, Where is Ben going? I only read that letter to peter that said he`d received his call and no more.
Dad, thank you so much for writing. I would love to see how the cups work. We`re always looking for ways to make our teaching more clear, and more simple.
BUeno, I have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Thorpe and she is from Cottonwood heights Ut! She`s been here in Bolivia for 6 months and is so great. She went to snow College, and loves Manti, almost as much as me :) She`s teaching me lots, and its great. Its pretty funny the two of us together, and our awesome Spanish... haha the first morning we were together we contacted this girl in the street and we were trying to invite her to church, but she thought that we were wondering where the church was. As we are trying to explain how she can find the church she was trying to explain to us where it was... haha
it was pretty funny.
We are teaching this great lady, Maria Louis. She is 73 years old and evangelico. Hna Ortìz and I found her last week, and she fixed my shirt but told us she didn`t want to hear anymore about the gospel. We
smiled and shared only a little bit. Hna THorpe and I stopped by later that week and we taught her a little. She thought that we worshipped Joseph Smith, so we had to clear that up, she still has a lot of negative thoughts about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, but I think she is coming around. I think she has fear of change, but knows that its true.
We also have been teaching this guy named Erick. He has a lot of questions, and thinks a lot. We left him with the pamphlet of the restoration and he read it ALL (which they never read it all) and said it answered his questions and feels better about things. We gave him the book of mormon and we were going to have him read the first paragraph and discuss it but as soon as he opened it he wouldn`t stop reading and read the entire introduction. He asked if he could have and was super excited to read it. He is awesome and Im excited for him. The only problem is that he studies medicine and doesnt have much time.
Thanks for sending more garlic mom, I upped my garlic intake, and hopefully its helping. I also take one cranberry a day, and ultimate flora every other day. I haven`t read what the other pills are for yet, hopefully i`ll have time today. Hmm what can i tell you about my laundry? ITs almost all clean already! Hopefully i`ll be able to finish it quickly. Its really not bad, the worst part is that it takes forever. But its great! :) I also thought you should know that we don`t have hot water, but we have fairly warm water, so life is great!
I didn`t get Peter`s email with a story about Karmen? or someone, I would love to hear his stories!
Hna Thorpe is helping me talk more and participate in the lessons, and its good. I`m learning lots, and its a lot more fun to teach when you participate. I think its the same for our investigators to. I want to work on making our lessons more of a discussion, by asking inspired questions, but its super hard! I know the spirit will guide me.
Thats so great that you have had so many awesome missionary opportunities. Keep it up. Like you said mom, the members are so important. I am determined to be a good member when I return. But like peter said, i need to focus on being a great missionary now. I love you all lots and lots. Thanks for your support and love and prayers.
Love,
Hna Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment