Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Peter, 8.6.12


Have fun in maryland!  when did Amber have her baby? is he healthy? I hope he is doing well! Your  getting close to florida! we meet a lot of people that have moved here from Maryland.  we have a lot of people that move here from everywhere, especially from the north to get out of the cold. How long are you going to be there? I hope its fun! 

So Friday we were biking down florida parkway, and this white van drove passed and then it stopped and reversed back up to us and pulled off the road. as we got stopped and figured out he wanted to talk to us, we went to the window and he said that he has been super stressed and that he just needed help. he said he was sick of money, cigaretts, and drinking. He went on to ask us for literature. we gave him a Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet. which he gratefully accepted. overall it was a neat experience knowing that he was prompted to talk to us and recognized that we could help him. we taught him last night at his home. He told us of his life which has been really hard. being in a foster home, doing drugs, and being fully engulfed in the world for so long. we promised him that the gospel will help him. taught about the atonement from Alma 7:11-12.
in a week and a half we have a zone conferance with Elder Zwick from the 1st quorum of the seventy. we are excited as we are preparing to recieve revelation by coming up with questions that we have to help us more effectively do this work. we are expecting to be taught by the Holy Ghost the answers that we need.
I know that the Church was restored throught the Prophet Joseph Smith by a Loving Heavenly Father.
I love you and pray that you will travel safely.

Elder Olsen 

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...