Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Friday, January 7, 2011

Wow, Emily, 1.5.11

Mi Familia!

Guess what?!  I'm a missionary!  I have felt many tender mercies today.  As I got to my  building the first person I saw was one of my favorite girls from Utah State!  It made me super happy!  Then my host was Amanda Lathem (She's the girl who got set apart just before Peter).  Then as I was getting my keys Shandi was there and she gave me a great big hug! So great!  Standing in line to get my tag the elder behind me is going to my same mission!

My companion is Sister Maxwell.  I already love her so much!  She is a sweetheart.  We already get along awesomely.  She's from Salt Lake, right by Hogle Zoo.  We're going to the same mission!  She seems pretty nervous to be going to Bolivia.  Hopefully I'll just be able to get her excited.  Her Spanish seems great.  I don't know how I'll be able to help her.

I got to wear a bright orange dot that shows I'm a brand new missionary, as if my absolutely lost and confused face isn't enough :)  We've already had lots of great lesson/discussions.  We even practiced teaching tonight.  You really do just jump right in!  I didn't even unpack till 9pm tonight!  Crazy!

Well 10:30, lights out!  Love ya!  The church is true!

Love,
Hemana! Emily Olsen

PS  I've also seen Scrumptious, Fale, Spencer Wyatt, and a boy from the Utah Sate ward.  This is such a fun place to be!  Can't wait till I find Steph!

I got this letter in the mailbox today.  Just what I needed.  It seems like forever since we dropped her off and I was very anxious to hear from her.  I am grateful that most of her letters will be email so that I can  copy and paste.  She does like to use exclamation points and I'm not as good with that.   The envelope says P-day is Tuesday so I will be watching for more information then.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

It sounds so exciting. It was always fun teaching in the MTC. I want to be a volunteer. Sounds like she is right at home. We knew Maxfields in that area. They were apart of the chocolate company.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Durr said...

Sister Olsen.
I know Twinkles Compaion, Sister Maxwell. I dont know her too well but we met once or twice. She is the granddaughter of Elder Maxwell. I realized that they would meet each other the day twinkle went into the MTC, so I didn't get to tell her that I knew Sister Maxwell. I love how it is a small world!
*Zazzy*

amberjill said...

Ahhhh..the dork dot! So fun to read about your missionaries. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was there! :)

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...