Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hermana Olsen now official












My heart is full today.  Emily left to serve a mission today.  She will teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ for 18 months in Bolivia.  She has had so many experiences and trials and triumphants that have prepared her to be a great missionary and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. 


She spoke in church on Dec. 26.  Her assigned topic was the Atonement.  She chose to focus on Grace, the enabling power of the Atonement.  I had a dear friend share that her sons had been visiting that day and were touched by the spirit.  One of them is ready to have the missionaries come and teach him.  Her spirit of enthusiasm and righteous living is contagious.  As she was set apart through priesthood authority last night she was promised blessings of the gift of tongues, health, wisdom, and peace. 


Today we began as usual with our family devotional but we sang a few more songs than usual.  We sang Build an Ark, Called to Serve, and I Will Follow God's Plan.  It was an interesting mix but just right for us.  


I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church restored to the earth.  I know that as our young people go out into the world to share the gospel, they are building His kingdom on earth, bringing joy and direction to people's lives, and growing themselves.  I know that God watches over these special missionaries and will bring them back even better than when they left.  Now the adventure begins and we will continue to live the plan of happiness because Christ atoned for each of us and showed us the way.  I love my Savior, my family, my life.

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...