Si Se puede!
Translation - it can be done! OR somethin like that :) Hola mi familia!
I get to write you! I don't even know what to tell you, there's so much to tell! THe MTC is awesome. YOu know how peter said it was the most zion-like place he'd ever experienced, I understand that now. We are all of one heart and one mind as we are trying to learn and understand the gospel and prepare to teach. There isn't competetion here we all just want everyone to succeed. It's really neat to live this way. The days are super super long. But getting faster every day :) They keep you extremely busy. After I got my room keys we dropped off my luggage and sister lathem said that I needed scriptures, note taking supplies and Preach my gospel. So i grabbed it all and we went to get my tag and stuff, then we grabbed my books, then went straight to class. I walked in and my teacher immediately started speaking to me in Spanish! Ha ha not overwhelming at all. :) We went went went like crazy busy missionaries till nine and then finally got to go back to our room and unpack. The zone leaders did their little meetings with us on Wed and Thursday and it was cool to kind of get an idea of what Peter got to do for a few weeks while he was here. My friend Scrumptiouys (sister leavitt) had the same meal time as me so I got to see her all the time. She makes me so happy! She actually left Monday morning, I feel really lucky that I got to see her a few times. I have also run into Jillann Mackey a few times, one girl that I had a class with last semester, and I finally found Hna Barton on Sunday during relief society! It made me so happy! I see Shandi a lot, we live in the same building and have class on the same floor, so that's way fun. It is so so so great to see people I know here. Their everywhere! I didn't find Elder Kaden Hill until Friday, and yesterday in the bookstore I ran into Tyler Thomas! He lived with the Jacksons for awhile. He said he almost ran up and gave me a big hug, then remembered he was an elder! haha it is so weird adjusting to this sister/elder relationship. We know we're not supposed to touch, like at all but it's weird. Inclose spaces we just have to keep our hands all to ourself, or if i ever run into people (like literally, and it actully happen more often then you think) I always want to grab their arm and apologize, but I can't. It's just funny how much we have to try to avoid touching anyone. haha It's good though.
Our teacher had a little talk with our district yesterday about elder/sister relationships. She says that all the Hna's are cactuses and their spikey so don't touch them! But one of the elders piped up and said can our Hna's be desert roses, cause their pretty but their still thorny, and the bud is the hand that we can shake, not hold. BHaha everything is super funny to us. I don't know if it's because we are all tired, or if we just don't have much to laugh at or what, but we laugh at everything. It's so much fun.
My companion is Hna Maxwell and she's awesome! I really love her. She is amazing at the language. She understands like, everything, so she helps me alot. Her grandpa was Elder Neal A Maxwell, crazy right? She has 8 kids in her family, and she is just amazing. She seems to be doing ok homesickness wise, but I can't tell. I'm trying to be here and open if she ever needs to talk. She knows a whole ton more about our mission than i do. SInce being here I've met a lot of missionaries that haven't gone to the Peru MTC when they were supposed to because of Visas. I guess their pretty slow, so I don't know when I'll be leaving. I'm still scheduled for Jan 26, but they said it can change even after i receive my travel plans. So I really have no idea how long I'm going to be here. But whatever is good. I really really love my district. the elders keep us laughing and the Hnas are so awesome. Hnas tippets and spiller are both in my district and we room together and it's so great. They are amazing sisters and I learn so much from them everyday. Everyone is really happy here, it's awesome! We have three sets of elders in our district elders adams, garland, dickinson, moser, almquist, and manuirriaggi (or something like that, we call him elder manu). Our teachers are great! I'm sure you've heard but our girl teacher is hna Barker, and Natalie was her trainer. Crazy right?! So she likes me a lot :) Our brother teacher is super amazing, Hermano Arnell. He has the funniest facial expressions, he reminds me of John Fife and it makes me happy. He also has a lot of patience so that is so nice.
Sundays here in the MTC are amazing. We get to watch music and the spoken word (hna Maxwell's mom is in the mo-tab, way cool!), then they bring in a speaker, this week it was a seventies wife, Cathy Clayton. I learned a lot from her. Especially about making my companion a co-hero in this story that I'm writing. it was so so so so good. I can't even explain it. We also had Sacrament meeting with our zone, then a fireside Sunday night. It was awesome. The guy who spoke asked all the missionaries that were converts within the last two years to stand and had some of them share their stories. It was amazing. the spirit was super strong. Since I've been here it seems like the biggest thing I've learned is how important it is to love the investigators, to take the time to get to know them, and just to help them feel Christ's love. So so so good. The spirit is amazing here. It's always strong. Hna Maxwell and I taught our teacher yesterday, it was a neat experience. Our teacher only spoke spanish and I understood the gist of it! But I feel like we were guided by the spirit and it was amazing.
I feel like I have already experienced the gift of tongues. It still takes a lot of work and I don't know very much yet, but I am learning so fast, I can tell it's coming and that the Lord is helping me.
I would really like some addresses! My efy girl Destiny, and my oakcrest girl Melissa, their letters are in a notebook in my crate by my desk. If you could give me those that would be amazing. Thank you so much for the dear elders. that really is the best way to do it here. and I really do love letters... so keep em comin :) I hope that everything is going awesome! I everyday I wake up and wonder if I have a new neice yet, anything?
I'm so glad that thing seem to be going so well at home. I knew dane would an awesome big brother as he takes over the role of being the eldest! Did Peter write this week? I would love to get a letter from him! I may need his address, actually i may have put it in my book, no se. I loved Neils letter. He inspires me.
Well the church is true. THe Lord helps me every day. I am so grateful to be serving a mission. It's so funny we always go hna guess what?! We're missionaries! Its super happy. Well twenty seconds. I love you all! Have a good week!
Love
Hna Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment