I´m in Peru!! Thanks for the quick email! I am so glad to hear that Nellie is doing better. The priesthood is amazing. My first week in the MTC one of the elders in my district got sick and all the elders gave him a blessing. It was so neat to watch those boys grow up and be men! It´s amazing! This Spanish keyboard is nuts! Sorry if it´s a mess. So ya! I´m in Peru! We made it, although it was actually about an hour delayed. Bummer deal. We tried to find some american food pero there wasn´t anything worthwhile around, so we just got some ice cream! Elder Felton was in my flight group, as soon as he said he was from las vegas I remembered that his mom was the all-knowing one ¨) He´s way cool. and really tall. Actually I feel like a giant here. When I´m around the natives especially. But it´s fun. If you´re wondering if I´ve played soccer yet, the answer is yes! SO much fun! The CCM is actually super nice. Their soccer field is turf, Its not quite full size but it´s good. When I first played there were natives playing and they definitely ran circles around us, and laughed the whole time. But its so fun! They also have ping pong tables, foose ball tables, basketball court, sand volleyball. Its rockin! It is so beautiful, pretty humid, but overcast. I think it feels amazing, the natives all of jackets... I love it! I am super excited to study outside, where the sun is! I still can´t believe I´m in Peru! Oh my companion! Well I believe she is Hna Madrid? I don}t really understand whats going on with that. She}s not currently living in my room, I think she said she got the wrong keys. But she is my companion. Thats if I understood her, it was all in Spanish. Crazy huh?? So I have a native companion and we study, eat, and teach together, but I have a North American district and thats where we learn spanish. So I´m not really sure how the whole always stay with your companion deal works out. Its super weird because we couldn´t even get a drink without our comapnions in provo - we always had to be within sight and sound of each other. My provo comp hna maxwell and I hang out together a lot and I am so grateful for her. Its amazing how close we are after spending just 3 weeks together. I miss her when shes not around! So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to push enter so I´m just gonna do this < when i mean to enter. Heres my address before i forget. They said not to send packages, cause customs and such costs to much. k here goes < Hermana Emily S Olsen < Bolivia Santa Cruz < Av. Melgarejo 159 < Urb. Campo Verde < La Molina, Lima, Peru < We have pouch mail that goes out every monday, it takes US stamps and I only have five so if you want to send me some then i can write more letters. Supposedly it only takes a week to 10 days for mail to get here. No se tho. < It was way hard to say goodbye to my district and zone on Tuesday. And to Shandi and Steph and Cami Webb, and so many people. It kinda broke my heart. Its amazing how close we all got. Whenever anyone leaves, the zone has a testimony meeting the night before and it was crazy to be giving my ´leaving´testimony. I seriously miss my district so much. I was talking to Hna maxwell and she said she´s not home sick for home, she´s homesick for the provo MTc and our district. haha its crazy what a mission does to you. >We´ve been trying to take lots of pictures but I´m not sure how im gonna be able to send them to you. I don´t even know how to print them. Theres so much to learn and figure out still! It is so small. All of the missionaries live in one building! Oh on Tuesday our whole district went to and ate at the temple caffeteria to get something besides MTC food, it was... good. Then we all went on a session together. It was so neat. I really am gonna miss seeing all their faces every day all day. We haven´t met any of our teachers yet. It is so weird cause in the Provo MTC we had absolutely NO free time, like at all, but here I don´t even know what to do with myself. we have like 8 hours to unpack, nap, and then do pretty much whatever you want, like our schedule says to go play soccer or volleyball or something. Just have a free day. Its crazy! Fun tho, The dorms are so much nicer here than in Provo. We have our own bathroom in our room of 4 hnas and the beds are great and its just super nice. All of the elders let ALL of the hermanas eat first. It was super nice, I was surprised. Theres kind of a lot of us. Oh. they say that the electricity is 220 Volt, my hair dryer switches to 250, do you think it can work dad? Tambien, I think i must´ve left my straightner in Provo, bummer deal. SO with no hair dryer and no straightner, and tonz of humidity, i am gonna be lookin pretty fine... we'll see. I haven't showered here yet. haha such an adventure. I keep having this re accuring thoughts like ´'Emily! You're in Peru!' this is so great! I´m always up for another adventure. One of the sisters has been crying all day, I´m really glad I´m here and can help her. Ummm... I would really love to have grandma and grandpa petersons address. That'd be great. Oh I wasn´t sick anymore on the plane. I got some motion sickness pills so that helped a lot. They actually like nocked me out, I slept most of the way to peru. There are ninjas guarding us outside the ccm so you dont even need to worry about all of us... haha. Its all good! Oh! I talked to a lady in the Miami airport and did a contact. The whole time I was thinking aaaa! This is a real person! LIke for real life! She really is catholic and belives in Christ and doesnt go very often and we can help her! So crazy awesome! I gave her a book of mormon... in English... haha she spoke broken english so maybe she can read it, but I also got her name and number and address and she said the missionaries could come visit her. She lives in FL! Hooray! To bad I couldnt send peter on over. It was super neat. It makes me so excited to go out and share this gospel with everyone. Because everyone needs the gospel. Man oh man this is gonna be great! I love you all. It was so good to talk to you. Nellie is in my prayers. Defintiely keep me updated. i can{t wait to see pictures! Sorry this is so random. I{m not sure what else to say. Youre great! I love you all! }Love your hija amado haha hermana Olsen
I just checked on dearelder.com and they have the Peru MTC on their list for free! I know she loves letters and it is a very easy way to do it.
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment