Hola mi familia!
Good morning! Can you believe it's already P day again. I apologize for my last letter. There's kind of a lot of pressure in this whole thirty min deal before it kicks you off the computer. I have no idea what I even wrote you about. Hopefully some of it made sense!
Dane, how you doin?? Your surgery went good, right? What else? Are you being smart with your leg, or are you going crazy and forgetting that you had surgery a week ago? How/s school? When do you think you'll get to go snowboarding again? Be smart, K? How's being the oldest, you rockin the house :) How are the dinner dishes at night? :) Love ya!
How is the piano? You just have one more lesson right? Are you both learning lots? I'm excited to hear you play, With practicing every day I'm sure you'll be masters by the time I get back! I've played the piano both weeks in sacrament meeting. Every week the district that is leaving does the little musical number. Last minute on Sunday a district who is hoping to leave soon, all depending on Visas, asked if I could play a few hymns. It went good I think. Hna ADams who is in our zone asked me to play "for our day" for Sacrament this week. I've enjoyed playing, its a good break :)
Oh, before I forget, I could really use a few more pairs of exercise socks. We get up every morning at 6am for a sisters exercise class. We do step aerobics, pilates, yoga, stretching and toning, all sorts of stuff. It's really fun, I enjoy it. But we still have gym every day, which means I could easily go through about 12 pairs of socks a week. Anyhow, a few more pairs would be nice. Gym is always really fun. The Hnas in my district made up this wicked game of jump rope four square. B asically its four square while your jumping rope. It's pretty intense :) Isaac, Sim and Debbie, can you jump rope? My district leader Elder Adams has a brother whose nine and he jumped 50 I think. Pretty awesome! :) Oh, I also think that my tan skirt is to short. I've worn it but it's so close to borderline that it makes me uncomfortable. It would be really awesome if you could send me another one, my Branch Presidency's wives said they could hem it up a little for me. If not, I'll be ok. Whatever :) It's a size medium, tan from sister missionary mall. You know that brown skirt we finally found? Well it definitely changes colors, pretty sure it was olive green last time I wore it :)
Mom, have you chosen a word to focus your year on? Those all sounded like good ideas. It's cool thought to do, let me know how it goes. Sounds like you're doing a lot of good things. We study three hours or more a day, but I swear it's never enough. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the amount of studying that I should be doing. I have yet to even start studying lesson two, we'll be teaching that this weekend. I figure as long as I am making sure I am using every minute of my time the Lord can bless me. But I can;'t waste a single minute! There is so much to learn.
Guess what?! Last week for Tues night devotional Elder Holland came and spoke to us! We got a new MTC Presidency this week, so we knew it was going to be someone awesome. Me and Hna Maxwell decided that we'd sing in the choir. Mostly because then we wouldn't have to worry about saving our seats. It was an absolutely amazing fireside. He taught me so much. He talked about how we have to be good missionaries, we have to have the gospel written on our hearts because every investigator is going to need something different. He told us the three things that missionaries don't do very well - planning, studying, and teaching for commitment. It made me want to be so much better, to work so much harder, and to give so much more. He told us that we are the hope of Israel, and we have to be better missionaries than he was. That's a lot to raise to. We sang "because I have been given much" for the closing song, and I may have cried... a lot. It's true I have been given so much, I've been given the gospel. I am so blessed. After the fireside we had a district meeting where we all shared our testimonies on what we had learned. It was powerful. Elder Almquist talked about how important it is that we focus, it's for our converts. He was balling. It was really powerful. All of the testimonies were amazing. Every missionary in my district inspires me. It's awesome.
SO... we got our travel itinerary! We are to report to the MTC travel office at 3am on Jan 26. We fly to Texas, then maybe FL? Then to Peru. It's pretty exciting, but I've been told that getting our travel plans doesn't guarentee that we will get to go. They said we may not find out for sure until Monday or Tuesday next week. It's crazy not knowing. If anything changes apparently we get a five min phone call, so I may be calling you sometime next week to let you know what's going on, as soon as I do. :)
Thanks so much for sending me all of the missionary cousin letters. I really love hearing about everything. Sounds like Whitney is having such an awesome adventure. I loved how she said, it's not far, just like an hour and a half walk. ha I can't imagine what far is.
I hadn't seen Fale since the first day I got there, but I found out on Sunday that we eat at the same time all day! My zone all eats lunch together, and there we were eating when I looked up and saw him! I yelled Elder Pili! and jumped up and ran over to him. It was pretty hard not to give him a big hug. We talked for a bit and we shook hands. I went and sat back down after and apparently my whole zone was watching to make sure I was being good. It's so funny how careful we all are to not even touch each other. It makes me laugh. We also have the temple walk on Sundays at the same time so we took a picture! There's not a way to send pictures via email here, but I printed some off to send to you.
Our teachers are amazing. They inspire me and push me to be so much better. The other day Hno Arnell had us read about the times that the resurrected Lord visited his apostles, and taught them. He asked to think about what it would be like to experience that and imagine how we would act and what we would do. Then he told us that our experience in the MTC is the closest we will have to that experience. We are getting our last lessons, being taught the last things before we headed out into the world. I better make sure I"m working hard.
Hna Barker also told us an awesome story, but I don't have time to explain it. Basically the result of that is our entire district is fasting today to know how we can cleanse ourselves, and become the powerful, worthy missionaries we need to be. Maybe I'll send you a copy of the story.
Gym time is awesome! Every Friday nght we have gym just before bed, so we always play "friday night volleyball" it's super fun!
We get to teach and be taught a whole ton here. Yesterday I was being taught and Hna SPiller was telling me about all the prophets. She said Adam and how he was the firs tman on earth, Noah and the ark. then she said and Moses, and I expected her to say something like "he parted the red sea" but she said "he saved the children" what?! I guess we really thought they were kids that he saved. ha so funny we laughed a lot.
Well I'm pretty much out of time. Oh! I would really like to write Jarle, I've been thinkin about him a lot. Do you think you could get me his addres to? and... Hna Tippets ahs a blog if you want to read about her side of tehs tory. We're pretty much all together all the time. Her address is:http://www.sistertippets.blogspot.com/ Love ya!
Love
Hna Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment