Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

She's off, again

Airplane:  Vehicle used to take loved ones far away from me.
Prayer:  vehicle used to bring us close no matter where we are in the beautiful world.


Today Emily called from the airport in Florida.  She sounded happy and well despite the fact that she had thrown up on that last flight.  Her time was short because they board international flights too soon.


She mentioned that she had met a woman from Peru who was anxious to talk to them, tried out her Spanish, made no sense to the Peruvian, gave up and resorted to English.  Good thing that was still an option.  She will have 6 weeks more of language and missionary training and then the real training begins.  (the Peruvian lady asked for name and number of missionaries in Peru, way to go Hermana (new Tia, that means aunt) Olsen.  Little Nellie was born the same time that Emily's plane left Salt Lake.  We got to share that news with her and she was able to visit with Elise.


The MTC in Provo was actually too easy for me.  I wondered why.  This MTC in Peru has been a lot harder.  A few more tears keep surprising me as I think of her being so very far away.  I will miss her and can't wait for more letters.  If any of you get letters and want to share with me, I am very open.

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...