So, I've decided to become an Australian. It's a good idea yeah? Anyways, last Tuesday I went on an exchange with Elder Peay. Who so happens to be Australian. I learned on that exchange that people find Australians a lot more interesting then two Utah boys. So we will see if I can actually get the accent down, along with the vocab. If you too would like to start just try saying "Good eye might" It'll get you started right away. After all, almost everyone loves Australia. (Er at least the accent).
In the first few weeks that I was in this area I told you about someone who I talked to who knows brother Eddy. That was a sister Tuttle. I didn't think about it much right off even though brother Tuttle said that he had a great grandpa in Manti. We went over there on Wednesday and I told him I thought that we are related. He was blown away by it. He pulled out his family fan chart and there was Luther Tarry Tuttle. It was bloody awesome mates. Then to make things a bit more interesting he started talking about his mission. He so happened to serve in the Cape Verde Islands. So he knows John too. Haha So great! We both decided it was kinda creepy how many connections we had at that point and called it a night. We'll see if we find any more next time. ;)
We were talking to a contact the other day and he was asking about marriage in the church so we told him about eternal marriages and eternal families. He thought that was about the coolest thing in the world. He asked us what time church was, we told him and then he said. Alright I'll be there. See ya Sunday. What!? People don't just say that! It got me so happy! I was really looking forward to seeing him at church, but alas, he didn't come. So goes missionary work. Sad but true. The work still goes on and we will get a hold of him this week and see if we can teach him and get him to church!
People have been telling us that it is pretty cold back in Utah. Is it really that much out of the ordinary? I miss the cold. I miss the snow and the mountains too. But it is very nice here right now, and I am glad of that. I also have decided that I am very glad that there are no mountains or snow here, because I would just want to go and play in it. So instead of playing, I'll just be doing missionary work! It is a great work. I love feeling the love of God so much, and I even get to share it with others. Its a great work.
Love you all! Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Dane Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment