Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

1/12/15

This week had ups and downs. On Tuesday we met with a women named T. We have been teaching her for over a month now, and this last Tuesday we had a really rough lesson. She had been doing her own research on the  internet and she found some great stuff on Joseph Smith. :/ One of her first lines when we got there was "I could never join a church that was founded by such a horrible man as Joseph Smith." We proceeded for the next hour or so to try and clear things up. So frustrating. She wouldn't listen to anything we said. No matter what we did. Though by the end we convinced her to pray about it sincerely. We've talked a little to her about it since then and it sounds like she is still of the same opinion. I guess all we can really do is pray for her. 
On a lighter side of things, we still had a pretty good week! We did a good amount of teaching and got two new investigators. The work will always go on, no matter what the adversary does to try to stop it. 
So we were checking up on someone we had knocked into a while ago and we had talked to them several times. When we knocked on the door someone we had never seen before answered the door and told us that the man that we were looking wasn't there. So we talked to him for a while. His name is D and he told us this was his parents house (he was in his 20s) and that he had biked here from Tennessee! Wow. So we hopped right on it and told him we biked too, though not near that much. We talked for a few more minutes at the door and then he invited us in for a lesson. We taught him the Restoration and he enjoyed it, he told us more about his beliefs and that the quite enjoyed talking to us. He told us he was leaving town soon but that he would like to stay in touch, he said he doesn't do Facebook so we gave him our emails and he said he would find the missionaries when he get's back home. Basically he is one of the most legit people I have talked to! His goal is to ride his bike around the world. Like actually take a tour of the world and do it. I don't know how that is going to work out but it sounds awesome, and you could tell by how he talked about it and what he already does that he is actually going to do it. 
Then we stopped by some that we knocked into a while and we actually at home! Jim is in his 70s and his wife is in a nursing home recovering from a stroke. So they are going through a hard time right now. That didn't seem to stop him from having a good time while we were there though. We talked to him for a good while. Tell you what he has a lot of awesome stuff. His house is built on one of the prestigious lakes here, and it is awesome it's still a homey place. He also has a passion for cars, so tell you what that was fun. He said that he has owned just about everything. He's had Ferraris, Lamborghgni (however you spell that), Jaguars, among so many others. I even talked about Rat Fink with him because he knows who that is (er rather Big Daddy Roth) but it was so much fun. At his house right now he has a chopped '49 Mercury and a '75 Stingray Corvette. I know know what my favorite classic car is. The '75 Stingray Corvette. It is an awesome looking car. I like it. Anyways I got carried away but we are really hoping to meet with him again, but he even told us it would be hard to catch him again. 
The Church is true. It blesses me everyday, and that is why I want to share it. Just like Lehi I have tasted of a fruit that is most desirable and want all that will to come and partake of it also.

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...