Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

6.13.16

Hello friends and family!!
    Wow what can I say this week was about the best week ever! The
sisters had a baptism, we got to use a vacuum to seal our bed bug
protectors, and Elder Oxborrow danced for me on our dinning room
table. It was fantastic and totally made my week.
    So we came to the church early to help the sisters fill the font
on Saturday and we forgot to clean it out, so there were all of these
bugs and stuff it was gross! So Sister Larsen got into the font and
was cleaning out all the bugs with cups. We attached a cup to the end
of a mop stick and tried "helping". Aka pushing stuff around and
faking to pour water on Sister Larsen. Elder Wilde drank cups of dirty
don't water with bugs in it.... 😲 It was pretty gross..
   On Monday we had a pancake breakfast with the Spanish and New
Smyrna and Elder Baklay held elder Oxborrow up and he was stacking
lays stacks... It was pretty cool...

Well that ^ was from another missionary. I hope you enjoy it, it was
based on actual events.
Other then the afore mentioned things that happened this week there
was some other good stuff too. We have been doing a lot of finds which
has been great! We have seen lots of little miracles that just
reinforces my knowledge that God is involved in my everyday life. It
is quite incredible.
This is some of my thoughts from my study this morning. I have been
thinking about is teaching in the Saviors way. How did he teach? The
main thing that comes to mind for me is that he taught in parables. He
was always relating the gospel to things that people already knew. He
would take something that people knew how it worked, often times
farming of some kind, and he would relate it to things of the gospel.
Because of how he did this, he would take one subject that the student
knew pretty well and he would take another subject that the student
didn't get. Then by showing the student the similarities between the
two he would expand the students knowledge, not by teaching something
new, but by helping the person learn that the truth that they already
have is also a spiritual truth, not only a temporal truth. It is a
very beautiful thing.
The problem today is we read Christ's parables and both of the
subjects are foreign to us. I have no experience with fig trees and
vineyards. Before I can understand the spiritual side of it I need to
understand the temporal side. Which means I have to learn two truths
instead of already knowing one and using it to realize another. It is
a very different process.


Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...