We ride the bus now, Eli is super solid and on date, been rained on, anti bashed, bible bashed, and met the ghost of Christmas Present! "There are no coincidences" we stopped having hot water for a couple days... new missionaries got here this week and so now I'm not the youngest in the mission, it's got really cold suddenly, I'm doing duolingo for Spanish! I dunno what else, Haha but there's some updates.
So we got our car taken away a couple of weeks ago, now we get to ride the bus/ our bikes! So that's fun! I like biking! Eli is on date for November 9th so y'all can pray for him! He is a great guy! Teaching him has been a ton of fun! This week we taught a guy named Lee, he is from China, his English isn't very good, but he loves learning and meeting with us! He came to institute on Tuesday and them we had the lesson on Thursday! At the end of our lesson he said a prayer in Chinese, his first prayer ever. And it was awesome! It was really beautiful to see! He is such a good guy! Today he came to church which was awesome, he met one of the people that the sisters are teaching, and they instantly were good friends and I think they even walked home together! So that's awesome! It's really fun to see them enjoying each other! Hopefully that continues and is a good thing for them both! We also taught a guy named Ryan, we taught him like two weeks ago, he was awesome! He's super humble and willing to learn, also he is a man of his word! Every time we set something up he is there early, every commitment we give him he sticks to. So working with him is so cool. I need to practice being a better man of my word.
The ghost of Christmas Present, a super big guy wearing like 80s hippie clothes sunglasses hair and all! He was super fun Haha just loud and laughing! And super genuine. He wasn't interested in meeting again. But was super fun to talk to.
Being anti/bible bashed. It's tough, and really sad. Because the things they are trying to point out as faults in the church are just things they don't understand. Everyone of the conversations we've had are just sad cuz they are missing so much and afterwords I always feel so much like grossness. Like I just took a bath in cow poop. There is just no way they could be right because I know what it feels like to have meaningful experiences and I know what truth feels like. Its full of love and appreciation. But when I've talked to those people it's interesting conversation because I'm learning what they believe, but it also just feels so dark and like there is so much hate there. Definitely something I'd felt before being out here as well. There is no way this isn't true. It just couldn't be wrong. Truth has a super distinct feeling.
Anyway this week has been good! I loved general conference I hope y'all got the chance to watch at least a little bit of it! It was just so good! Alright, this church is true! I know it. I know that God knows it. I will not deny it!
Hurraw for Israel! Elder Isaac Olsen
A view from a ski walk
The stadium on campus
My district



No comments:
Post a Comment