Hello everyone My week has been very good a very crazy week but a good one! It was a pretty normal week until Thursday when we had an activity of playing soccer at the church when the activity started it was a little smoky but the fire was still not very close so we were playing soccer having a good time and then one of the people gets a phone call that the fire is close to her house, and so at this point I'm like wellll shoot. So they jump in the car and start going to see how close it was and don't get to there house because the fire was just getting bigger and bigger they come back to the church and the fire has now burned several houses and all the people start frantically evacuating to the church. At this point me and my companion start running to our house to grad a couple things that are important. When we got to the apartment there was so much smoke in the air we grab a couple things and look outside and there is a parking lot and we can see flames and smoke billowing on the other side of the parking lot so we hurry down the stairs and head to the church. Everyone from our area was evacuating and the office missionaries came and took us to a different place to spend the night.
We spent the night with the office elders and then were able to go back to our area and see our apartment and the damage. Our apartment was all ok, the fire got super close but it was OK. In total there were 500 houses that burned, just in my area. And it Hurt a lot because it was all house and people that I walk past the people that I know. But then what happened was so cool people from all over just started coming to help during the holidays, on Christmas day, everyone gathered together and spent the time they had for the holidays helping every day others. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to serve and help these people! And I've been doing what I can to help everyday for the past week and half. It's been busy but so fun and so cool to see the way the community reacted by helping everyone lend a helping hand! I've heard and seen so many miracles and am so grateful for good people and how the country song says "I believe most people are good" I have seen the Lord's hand in my life and felt his love!
Spiritual thought!
Something that I thought was really cool was open that in this state of emergency, everyone evacuated to the church, and I thought how that's so true the church is a place of safety that we can always turn to whether we are in physical or spiritual danger you can always turn to the church and be recognized and brought in with open arms. And that is because it is the church of Jesus Christ and that's what he would do receive you and help you through whatever trial, danger, bad day, sad or hard moment, when you feel alone, incapable, unworthy, or unsafe YOU can turn to Jesus and he will calm the hypothetical seas. Hymn 117 says "Come unto Jesus, ye heavy laden,
Careworn and fainting, by sin oppressed. He’ll safely guide you unto that haven Where all who trust him may rest." I know and testify that anyone(even you) can come unto Jesus repent and find with him "rest"
I love you all and Jesus does too! I hope you have a wonderful week and a wonderful beginning to your new year.
-Elder Olsen








No comments:
Post a Comment