Dad! Its always so fun to hear from you. Thanks for sharing your
insights on prayer. I have been thinking the same thing. It always
seems like the miracles happen thanks to the prayers of the faithful.
I hadn`t thought of that with the brother of Jared. I always thought,
ya, I don`t want to be chastened for not praying, but it wasn`t just
for not praying, it was for not praying for your brethren. Sounds like
an awesome ward counsel. Ward counsels here are... a little different
:)
MOm, it sounds like the general relief society session was awesome! We
were in the stake center for our baptism, but the stake president
forgot, and they didnt end up watching it. It was sad because some of
the sisters from the ward came and no one was there. We sent them to a
different stake center and they were able to watch half of it. I can`t
wait to read the talks. Sad news, We don`t get to watch the saturday
sessions, the prophet has asked us to work all day Saturday. Kind of a
dissappointment, but we`re gonna be obedient :) Sunday should be
awesome! I can`t wait for thsi general conference! Its gonna be
awesome! I`ll be looking for you Sunday afternoon!
This week has been good. The Yapura family was baptized!! and I am so
so so happy for them! They are so great. Jussara, their daughter (11
years) was first, she came up out of the water laughing and she
couldnt stop. haha She was just full of happiness! I think she feels
the spirit the same as me. Elvira, the mom, was second and you could
see her leviation, she just looked relaxed, peacfull, and finally
Alex was baptized! It is so neat to see a man baptized, sometimes I
think they`re a little more hard hearted, it takes a little more to
help them. But he is so awesome. He always jokes around with us.
Yesterday we went by their house to fill out the baptismal registros,
and it was so neat. There is a different spirit there, its special. We
asked how they felt when they were confirmed and each one of them bore
a very simple, very pure testimony. It is so so so so great to see! I
am so happy to see this family receive the gospel in their life! ALex
is gonna receive the priesthood in two weeks, they`re gonna go to the
temple in a year, and they`re gonna be happy, forever! It just makes
me so happy!
This week we also went to visit some inactives. They make jam, but not
just any kind of jam, they make vegetable jam! Que gross, no?! From
what I understood, they make it of tomatoes, pumpkin, spimach carrots,
potatoes, and other crazy vegetables that i`m not really sure if
theres a translation. They are also going make ice cream, our of
vegetables. I tried it and.... we`ll just say it tasted as good as it
sounds :) haha but theysay they have a lot of success with it, the
mom`s love it. Don`t worry, he promised me a recipe this week! haha
Well family, I love you all lots and lots. I am so grateful for your
love, support, and prayers. This church is true, the gospel changes
lives, and is the only way to true happiness. The mission is awesome.
Love ya lots and lots!
Love,
Hermana Olsen
insights on prayer. I have been thinking the same thing. It always
seems like the miracles happen thanks to the prayers of the faithful.
I hadn`t thought of that with the brother of Jared. I always thought,
ya, I don`t want to be chastened for not praying, but it wasn`t just
for not praying, it was for not praying for your brethren. Sounds like
an awesome ward counsel. Ward counsels here are... a little different
:)
MOm, it sounds like the general relief society session was awesome! We
were in the stake center for our baptism, but the stake president
forgot, and they didnt end up watching it. It was sad because some of
the sisters from the ward came and no one was there. We sent them to a
different stake center and they were able to watch half of it. I can`t
wait to read the talks. Sad news, We don`t get to watch the saturday
sessions, the prophet has asked us to work all day Saturday. Kind of a
dissappointment, but we`re gonna be obedient :) Sunday should be
awesome! I can`t wait for thsi general conference! Its gonna be
awesome! I`ll be looking for you Sunday afternoon!
This week has been good. The Yapura family was baptized!! and I am so
so so happy for them! They are so great. Jussara, their daughter (11
years) was first, she came up out of the water laughing and she
couldnt stop. haha She was just full of happiness! I think she feels
the spirit the same as me. Elvira, the mom, was second and you could
see her leviation, she just looked relaxed, peacfull, and finally
Alex was baptized! It is so neat to see a man baptized, sometimes I
think they`re a little more hard hearted, it takes a little more to
help them. But he is so awesome. He always jokes around with us.
Yesterday we went by their house to fill out the baptismal registros,
and it was so neat. There is a different spirit there, its special. We
asked how they felt when they were confirmed and each one of them bore
a very simple, very pure testimony. It is so so so so great to see! I
am so happy to see this family receive the gospel in their life! ALex
is gonna receive the priesthood in two weeks, they`re gonna go to the
temple in a year, and they`re gonna be happy, forever! It just makes
me so happy!
This week we also went to visit some inactives. They make jam, but not
just any kind of jam, they make vegetable jam! Que gross, no?! From
what I understood, they make it of tomatoes, pumpkin, spimach carrots,
potatoes, and other crazy vegetables that i`m not really sure if
theres a translation. They are also going make ice cream, our of
vegetables. I tried it and.... we`ll just say it tasted as good as it
sounds :) haha but theysay they have a lot of success with it, the
mom`s love it. Don`t worry, he promised me a recipe this week! haha
Well family, I love you all lots and lots. I am so grateful for your
love, support, and prayers. This church is true, the gospel changes
lives, and is the only way to true happiness. The mission is awesome.
Love ya lots and lots!
Love,
Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment