Oh my goodness, its my birthday! haha It has already been such an awesome day. I got another package Thursday and waited until this morning to open it. You should all be very proud of me :) But I was dying to open it all week! This morning I woke up, ran to the bathroom (like usual), we prayed, then I went to wake up Hna Castro and Hna Font (shes here on an intercambio, she`s leaving today) saying, its my birthday! Its my birthday! haha they all joined me to open my packages and it was a blast! I feel super spoiled. I love the shirts, recipes, headbands, pictures, cards, candy, RANCH!, earrings, everything!!! Thanks a million times over. I feel so special! I
whipped out some peanut butter rice crispy treats, with honey comb cereal, and sugar and water for corn syrup... I`m not sure how they turned out yet, but hopefully they`re absolutely delicious! My cute little companions told me we had to go to the church before internet to take all of the elders and show them where its at, but when I entered the church everyone started singing - I`m not really sure what it was, a mix between happy birthday, feliz cumpleanos, and something else I think... haha but tit was awesome. They bought me a cake, and juice, because they all know I don`t like soda. Tan buenos son. :) Thanks for all the notes this morning in my email, and for all the love you`re all sending me, I can feel it! This morning we`re gonna head to the office to take hna font to her companion, and then we`ll be in a trio again. This family invited us to make brownies with them and then we`re gonna have a family home evening with them and this older couple. Should be an awesome day. I`m excited! Thanks a millions times over for everything. I couldn`t be happier!
This week has been good. The Ya family is amazing! The parents, El and Al, and one of their daughters - Jus are going to be baptized this Saturday and I am so excited for them. They are amazing. They all came to church yesterday before nine o clock, beating most of the members, and they were there participating and loving every minute of it. They are SO happy, and ecstatic for the baptisms this Saturday, and it is absolutely amazing to see. Its been a long time since I`ve seen a baptism, and I can`t wait. Its amazing to see the change in their lives. They have their interview this week on Wednesday, and President Calderon is going to baptize their family! Hooray for the gospel!
This week we have looked all week for Di,`we`ve gone to his house almost everyday, called him, this RM in the ward has called him and gone to visit him, and even the bishops wife took down his number to call him, and nothing. Poucha. I don`t know what happened, we`re a little sad, he is so awesome and so humble. We fasted for him this weekend, and we continue praying for him, hoping that we will find him and be able to help him.
The other day we were walking past a store when this little angel of a 3 year old girl ran up to us, calling Hermanas! Hermanas!" She grabbed Hna Castro`s hand and pulled her over to her parents. We introduced ourselves and it was a family that had assisted our open house the other week. We made an appointment with them, talked for them a bit, found out they were married (which is a miracle sometimes), and were super excited to teach them. When we went to our appointment they were there working in the business, but they put some
seats in back, invited us to come in, and they both joined us with their kids. It was SO neat! They didn`t accept a baptismal date - yet! but they promised to come to church this week, and we`re really excited to keep teaching them and helping them come unto Christ.
We also talked to another family this week. They have seven kids under the age of 11, and still going strong! They`re not married, but all of their documents are in place. We taught them the law of chastity and before we left the mom said the closing prayer. In her pray she prayed that they would be able to get married this month. Her kids accepted baptismal dates (only 2 are older then 8), and they committed to come to church next week. I`m excited for the possibilities.
whipped out some peanut butter rice crispy treats, with honey comb cereal, and sugar and water for corn syrup... I`m not sure how they turned out yet, but hopefully they`re absolutely delicious! My cute little companions told me we had to go to the church before internet to take all of the elders and show them where its at, but when I entered the church everyone started singing - I`m not really sure what it was, a mix between happy birthday, feliz cumpleanos, and something else I think... haha but tit was awesome. They bought me a cake, and juice, because they all know I don`t like soda. Tan buenos son. :) Thanks for all the notes this morning in my email, and for all the love you`re all sending me, I can feel it! This morning we`re gonna head to the office to take hna font to her companion, and then we`ll be in a trio again. This family invited us to make brownies with them and then we`re gonna have a family home evening with them and this older couple. Should be an awesome day. I`m excited! Thanks a millions times over for everything. I couldn`t be happier!
This week has been good. The Ya family is amazing! The parents, El and Al, and one of their daughters - Jus are going to be baptized this Saturday and I am so excited for them. They are amazing. They all came to church yesterday before nine o clock, beating most of the members, and they were there participating and loving every minute of it. They are SO happy, and ecstatic for the baptisms this Saturday, and it is absolutely amazing to see. Its been a long time since I`ve seen a baptism, and I can`t wait. Its amazing to see the change in their lives. They have their interview this week on Wednesday, and President Calderon is going to baptize their family! Hooray for the gospel!
This week we have looked all week for Di,`we`ve gone to his house almost everyday, called him, this RM in the ward has called him and gone to visit him, and even the bishops wife took down his number to call him, and nothing. Poucha. I don`t know what happened, we`re a little sad, he is so awesome and so humble. We fasted for him this weekend, and we continue praying for him, hoping that we will find him and be able to help him.
The other day we were walking past a store when this little angel of a 3 year old girl ran up to us, calling Hermanas! Hermanas!" She grabbed Hna Castro`s hand and pulled her over to her parents. We introduced ourselves and it was a family that had assisted our open house the other week. We made an appointment with them, talked for them a bit, found out they were married (which is a miracle sometimes), and were super excited to teach them. When we went to our appointment they were there working in the business, but they put some
seats in back, invited us to come in, and they both joined us with their kids. It was SO neat! They didn`t accept a baptismal date - yet! but they promised to come to church this week, and we`re really excited to keep teaching them and helping them come unto Christ.
We also talked to another family this week. They have seven kids under the age of 11, and still going strong! They`re not married, but all of their documents are in place. We taught them the law of chastity and before we left the mom said the closing prayer. In her pray she prayed that they would be able to get married this month. Her kids accepted baptismal dates (only 2 are older then 8), and they committed to come to church next week. I`m excited for the possibilities.
The Lord keeps blessing us and helping to find the elect, and it is an amazing feeling to be doing missionary work here in Bolivia. I feel very blessed. The Lord is taking good care of me, and working hand in hand with Him, we`re going to help people obtain eternal life. The church is true! I love ya all like crazy! Thanks for everything!
Love your birthday girl!
Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment