Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, February 16, 2015

2.16.15

Random thing that I have been meaning to email home about since I got
here. So the first weekend I was here we were riding past the Dr.
Phillips Performing Arts Center. And guess what!? Newsies the Broadway
play was there for that weekend only. Talk about awesome! Yeah, I
really wanted to see it.
So, about the back tire that nobody likes. Elder Hemsley's back tire
doesn't hold air. It all started last Saturday. His bike tire was a
little low so he borrowed my pump to pump it up, he used it about five
more times that day. We fixed it that night with some fix a flat type
stuff that he had. It was good to go. We rode on if for a few days.
Then Thursday evening we had an appointment after we stopped past home
for dinner. We were planning on riding our bikes to a bus stop close
by so we could load them on the front of the bus and be on our way,
but we were getting close on time. We go get on our bikes I take off,
and look back just to make sure that Elder Hemsley is coming. He
wasn't. So I went back and he was putting his bike back away.
Apparently his tire was completely flat. Not much we could do there. I
didn't think the bus stop was to far away so we just started hoofing
it. We got to there first intersection, and it wasn't the right one,
we got to the second one and we still weren't to the right street yet.
The bus should be at that stop any moment! So we started running. We
finally made it to the right street, and we saw the bus stopped at the
light. Phewf. So we get over on the right side of the street to get
on, and there isn't a bus stop in sight! Shoot! There has got to be a
bus stop some where up the road but we don't know how far. So we take
off sprinting because that bus could pass us any moment. Elder Hemsley
might of started falling behind (he had a heavy backpack on) so I kept
sprinting because there was a stop in sight now. I made it and and the
bus saw me there and pulled over to stop so Elder Hemsley and the bus
arrived at about the same time. Tell you what we were both soar the
next day. All in all we ran almost a mile to catch the bus, and I
wasn't sure if we were going to catch it but we did. The next day we
replaced Elder Hemsley's tube with an old one I had that still held
air. (I got it off a bike nobody was using and they had patched it
once. Now this last Saturday. Again it wasn't holding air, but it was
slow enough that we only had to pump it up every hour or so to keep it
full enough, good news is I ripped the old patch off that night and
put a new one on and it is still holding air!
Cool story. So for the most part the people you talk to each day don't
want to hear more about the gospel. So it is always fun to find people
that will listen. We were knocking on a bunch of less active doors
that we had no idea if they even lived there. On Wednesday we knocked
on a door, and there person we were looking for didn't live there
anymore, so we invited the women there to hear more about the Gospel
and she said sure, can you do next Tuesday? Sweet! So we set an
appointment with her for next Tuesday and then we were walking back to
our bikes and this man and his two kids were walking by so we started
talking to him and we found out that he was taught by the missionaries
back in 2010, when he had lived somewhere else. So we set an
appointment with him for Saturday, we taught him that day and he is
now a new investigator, he was going to come to church but something
came up but we are teaching him again this Tuesday! Totally pumped!

Miracles still happen!
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...