So a lot has happened this week. It has all been really good. We had
our stake conference yesterday and we were able to go to the
leadership meeting and the adult session on Saturday. They were all
great experiences. We were able to talk a lot about the need for
counseling together about what needs to happen and how counseling
together with each other brings revelation. It is so essential that we
do this because we need it in order to make good plans. That is the
other thing that was talked about a lot. It was pointed out that every
scriptural account that we have of the creation only tells us about
the plans and the planning. Isn't that interesting? Kind of makes you
think that we are supposed to learn about planning for it eh? I think
it is super cool. Planning is meaning more and more to me. Especially
in e eternal scheme of things. I have to admit that I am not very good
at planning and I don't particularly enjoy planning but since Saturday
I have been praying to be blessed with a love for planning. So it's
coming, but it is gonna take some more time.
The other thing that we talked about is how to keep the Sabbath day
holy. There has been a big emphasis for a reason. Quick quote from
preach my gospel. "When a community or nation grows careless in its
Sabbath activities, its religious life decays and all aspects of life
are negatively affected." Now that is powerful! All aspects of life
are negatively affected. The opposite is also true. When we strive to
keep the sabbath day holy all parts of life are positively affected.
Now that sounds like a promise worth having! One thing that stood out
to me as we discussed the topic is the idea of focusing on what we can
do. It's pretty simple but when thought about in the right way it is
very powerful! Instead of focusing on what we can't do let us all
focus on what we will do to make the Sabbath a delight! That is where
are focus needs to be, and when it is, we will see that force for good
increase in all parts of our life.
One cool thing with he conference is we had a new stake get organized.
They took some of the stake that I am in now and some of two other
stakes and made the Vero Beach Stake. So our mission got a little
larger because it brought some areas from Fort Lauderdale and Tampa
missions into our mission. Pretty cool!
That's all I have time for today!
Have a great one!
Elder Dane Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment