Hello!
We had a pretty good week here. We were able to meet with he Hogans
who are a young family that was baptized over a year ago. When I first
got here we tried visiting them and teaching them. They basically told
us we couldn't do lessons but we could still stop by and check in on
me which we have been doing. We went by this last Tuesday and asked if
we could share the Easter video Hallelujah. They said yes! Which was
awesome! We were able to share the video and bare testimony of Jesus
Christ and all that he has done for us. That was really neat.
Transfers are a week from tomorrow. I have been here for 6 months now
and there is a good chance that I will be transferred. I will be sad
if I get transferred. I love the people that we work with here so
much. The members, recent converts, and investigators are all awesome!
I have sure enjoyed being here. On the other hand, the amount of
people in the area is incredibly small. It has been a bit of a
struggle and a change there will be nice. Either way I don't know for
certain till Saturday.
Here is a picture of most of the zone at the Deseret Ranch Rodeo that
was on Friday. We were in charge of the concessions at the rodeo so I
actually didn't get to watch any of it. Which was kind of a bummer.
Especially since I knew over half of the participants. On the other
hand it was a lot of fun to run the concessions! We were running are
all night. They boiled 1000 hot dogs and smoked 1300lbs of brisket.
By the end of the night there was nothing left. (Towards the end the
price went down though.) It was really cool. I was even able to see
some people from each of my previous areas that was really cool.
During the wild cow milking event one of my recent converts here, Jean
Louis, got smashed between the cow and a fence. He was hurting but it
didn't hurt really bad till after the rodeo was all done. We knew
there was an ambulance coming and we thought it had already gotten
there, but when we went over it still hadn't showed up. He was laying
on the ground and his brother Francisco and his dad were holding him
and trying to calm him down. He was going into really bad shock and we
didn't know what was actually wrong. He was shivering, shaking, and
breathing really hard. When we got over there we asked if anyone had
given him a blessing and found out that no one had yet. So me and
Elder Weiss gave him a blessing. It was incredible. As we were giving
him a blessing he started calming down and at one point in the
blessing it left me wondering if he was still alive because he wasn't
moving. (When we first placed our hands on his head he was still
shaking really hard.) Shortly after the blessing he could talk again
and was trying to get up, but his dad and brother wouldn't let him get
up. We had to leave because we really had to to get home. We didn't
find out fully what happened until the next morning. When the
ambulance got there they checked him and they couldn't find anything
wrong. He ended up not even going to the hospital. Talking to him on
Sunday he said he was still soar but that was it. It was a miracle.
One neat part about it was his dad and mom are not members. They were
both there and saw what happened. It will be interesting to see how
that effects them.
The church is true. God's authority has been given to man to do God's
will,it is called the priesthood. He loves us and cares about us and
is constantly aware of what is happening in each of our lives.
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment