Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, November 7, 2022

11.7.22

 HELLLOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have had a great week here in Chile!!! We have had a really busy week. We have had lots of lessons fall through and a lot of great spiritual lessons and the people we are teaching are progressing! Ricardo is getting baptized this week! 


This week there were 5 earthquakes( that's why the title says "this week was a little shaky")


I love the conference talk from this last conference that talked about how when we don't know what to say testify of the restoration and the spirit will guide you in want to say, it is so true there have been many times where I didn't know what to say(especially in Spanish) but I remembered this talk and tried it and it really does work that spirit can guide us in so many ways and can help keep us stay safe and guide us in every moment and make our actions inline with God's desires. I know the spirit is so powerful and the best teacher, this is the true church and we recive blessings from God everyday.


The missionary work here in chile really is progressing I'm loving every moment and learning so much! I am so glad I have this great opportunity to bring people to this saving knowledge of joy, love, and peace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.





So that was a letter from 2 week's ago that I forgot to send...🤦‍♂️so here is this week...😆


The baptism of ricardo was so special and I am so happy and excited for him the spirit was so strong! 


This week was good! We had transfers and now I am in the Forestal area which is basically part of Viña del mar. So it's a lot different but so good. My new comp is Elder Humphries he is great and we have had some good lessons and great moments here I am super excited to work so hard here in Forestal! There are so many people that are really to hear our message we just gotta find 'em. 


We are living in a quad so 4 elders in one apartment so that has been super exciting. It's fun, I have learning so much and am so happy to be here. One of the elders in our apartment is brand new so it's been fun showing him new Chilean things like mate(a cup full of grass that you dump hot water in to make tea) I don't love it but it's very popular here, and when he tried it for the first time it was super funny he coughrd as he choked it down and than said its not as bad as i thought it would be. We are all learning lots.


Anyway that has been my week! The church is true and moving forward here in Chile hope yall have a great week! 


-Elder Simeon Olsen


No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...