Hey everyone!
Exchanges
This week we had exchanges which were super fun. I went with our district leader Elder Julander who was also my companion in the MTC!!! It was so cool to see how much we have already changed in our mission and how much we have improved! We taught an awesome lesson with a girl named Rosalin. She is awesome and the spirit was so strong! I often find myself impressed by the spirit we had this lesson in the downtown time square and it was so cool that we were able to teach in such a busy part of the city and even though there are people passing all around us the spirit was still able to touch her heart!! It was incredible!
Pan Amasado
We always pass this house that has a woman selling bread and we have bought bread from her before(the bread is great) but this week we were passing by and had a little bit more time and got talking with her and she told us wait here I'll be right back and she went into her house and brought out like 5 other people and introduced us and we got talking and were able to teach all of them and it sure seemed like the enjoyed it and we have plans to go back next week! I am so excited for them they are such a fun family and the gospel will bless their lives so much!
Easter!!!
Happy Easter!! I hope that you all had a great Easter and were able to enjoy your Easter week and remember the reason behind this great holiday!!! Here is a quote from the last general conference that I absolutely love from Elder Stevenson says "In Reality, the Book of Mormon shares the greatest Easter story ever told. Let it not be the greatest Easter story never told." The Book of Mormon really is such a huge testimony of Jesus Christ and that indeed he is RISEN! And loves us he overcame this type of death he overcame the spiritual death through his atoning sacrifice we can repent and be clean and even live with God once again! The other death that he overcame is the physical death he rose from the dead and we can and will rise from our physical death and be clean! The greatest easter story in the Book of Mormon is found in 3 Nephi 11 says "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning."
I know that Jesus suffered and died for our sins so that we don't have to. we can repent and receive the remission of our sins. He died, but on the third day, He rose from the dead and lived! I testify that He lives, loves, and knows each and every one of us!
-Elder Olsen







No comments:
Post a Comment