Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, June 5, 2023

6.5.23

Hello everyone from down here in Chile!! Hope you all are doing well!


I've have had a pretty excellent week! On Tuesday we had Zone conference which was great, a part that I liked alot was the importance of talking with everyone, we might be trying to find the address of a specific family but why not talk with everyone one the wag. I know this gospel is true and that it will help any and everyone that chooses to accept it and live by its principles. I'm am honored to be able to talk and share the gospel everyday! 


We had a cool lesson with our friend Domingo! He had some doubts about the priesthood we hold and miricals that still happened today he said that he didn't really believe that miricales still happen. So we started teaching the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and explained that Jesus had the power to preform miricales and gave it to his apostles, and his apostles gave it to Joseph Smith who later gave it to others and now we hold that same power(priesthood). Me and my comp were not very united but we tried and we tried to help this man understand and the Holy Ghost did the rest, the Holy Ghost is the best teacher, and the only way that faith and testimonies are built. We paused for a moment and Domingo just said "wow, I believe you, your words came to my head and I felt your message move down to my chest, Elderes I do believe in miricales!"


Other random stories from this week:

Some random guy in the street came up to us and asked "do you mormons eat meat?" And we said yes, and he said oh good and then pulled out a garbage bag and was like, ive got some meat and i want to sell it to you. We politely declined, not knowing if this was beef, dog, human. It was so funny a very strange interaction in the street and 9:30 at night🤣

2. Some really nice dudes in the street invited us to a barbecue the were having, we accepted(also not knowing if we were about to eat some dog off the street) we started talking to them explained we were missionaries got their phone number and thanked them for the food and then had to leave heading over to another lesson! I second the words of a country song "I believe most people are good"


This week I have been thinking a lot about the importance of LOVE in this life, the eternity and the gospel of Jesus Christ. The first principle we usually teach is the that God is our LOVING heavenly father, that's the beginning. God lOVES us! And we find in Moroni that this LOVE is called CHARITY later in Moroni we find that if we don't have CHARITY we won't be saved in the kingdom of God, according to the gospel of John if we LOVE Jesus we will keep his commandments. I am sure that LOVE or CHARITY is one of the most vital things we xan obtain in this life, if we LOVE Jesus we will keep his commandments, and receive blessing from that act. And if we LOVE Jesus we will LOVE our neighbors and we will share the gospel with them so that they can also learn to LOVE Jesus obey His commandments and receive divine blessings! I leave you with an invitation from the Book of Mormón in Moroni 7:48 "pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this LOVE"! I know that God loves each and everyone of you and I love you too, i hope that you can feel and know also of the great love that Christ has for you!


-Elder Olsen




No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...