Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, July 10, 2023

7.10.23

Hello everyone!!! How yall doin'?


Sorry it's been a minute...but the last 2 weeks have been crazy good! 


Here is some crazy stuff that's has been happening!!

RIP barrio O'Higgins....Elder Faúndez and I had another great week! We had some really awesome lessons and one of our friends decided to get baptized on Thursday! It was so special! Her husband was baptized about 8 months ago and received the priesthood and was able to baptize his wife! It was such a special day! After her baptism we had a lesson with them and started talked a lot more about temples and how awesome they are! They are super excited to go to the temple to do work for their ancestors and also get sealed together as a eternal family! Lady's and gentlemen it's true families can be forever!!! After that we got some sad news, my comp and I got transfered and our area is no being taken over by other missionaries. It was really hard to leave that area I love all the members and the people we are teaching so much! They are all great and I already miss them...


Anywhoooo 

Know I am in the Marga marga ward! It's in a city that is called Quilpué I really like the area it's a lot different then valpo definitely much safer😂 I am just getting to know a lot of the members, they people we are teaching and my companion!! I'm really excited to work in this area! They people are awesome! My comp it awesome and it's gonna be a lot of fun!


I was reading in 1 Nephi the other day and I really liked this verse thar is found in chapter 10:17 "And it came to pass after I, Nephi, having heard all the words of my father, concerning the things which he saw in a vision, and also the things which he spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the Messiah who should come—I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men." I think that Nephi really does show us a great example in this verse he had heard the spiritual things from his father but was desirous to know those things for himself, I feel that in our lives we do the right things for example listen to the words of the modern de prophets read the scriptures, which are good things but I feel that just reading or listening we tend to miss something very important. Nephi wanted to know it for himself! And have it personally connected to him! I challenge each and everyone of you to take it a step further than just reading and listening to the words of the prophete, meditate them think about them work hard to understand them and then find ways to apply them in your lives! A great tool to help you do these things is prayer do as Nephi did and ask for divine help from God, I promise you that He hears your prayers and will give you the divine help that you need! Ask and it shall be given unto you, know and ye shall receive! 


-Elder Olsen














No comments:

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...