Ok gang.... heres the thing
SOOOO MUCH HAS GONE DOWN.
This is a series of the things ive eaten in the past few days


















It's been a good last few days.
O,k starting off strong with going over the random things that have been going down.
We had our last District council, and we celebrated by going to a bar and playing pool, and to say the least, I did not win, but at least I was having fun. Lol selah Distruct on top.
We got to go to the temple with Lalo!! It was actually so wild to go with someone for the first time and stand there soaking wet and freezing with tears streaming down me and my compys face as we saw a son give the best gift he could to his dad. And that of not being alone in this work anymore. He did it. He was poco nervioso, but he did it, and he was just so tender about it. We left the temple, and I asked him how he liked it. He felt that there was something different about it, but it was special, and he was just taking photos and videos as we walked away. I realized that night, driving home, which was about 2 hours from us, that our Father is a good Father. One that guides us and then gives us opportunities to feel the joy of a lost soul finding home. I don't think I've had a super strong testimony of God's plan for us. I've always just tried to trust in it. But being there in the temple with Lalo made me realize that I can't deny this feeling. That God's plan is individual and all-encompassing.
I was low key in the trenches last week and i could not figure out why. Just a little overwhelmed and unsure. And then Sunday ran around GOODNIGHT I NEEDED IT. We got to attend both our sacrament meetings, and I think I cried through them. I don't know why, I think I just needed the sacrament.
That evening, we had a big devo where converts to the church shared their stories, and so we had Lalo share!! He got up there, the only Spanish speaker speaking, and bore such strong testimony, he was beaming. We were laughing and crying all at the same time. I don't think I have felt joy like that before. If you guys could see the difference that has come over Lalos ' life, you would all just be amazed. It wasn't big, but it changed him. He is not the same person we knew in October. He shared in his testimony that, when he met with us, he felt something.
Dios me hablΓ³ y dijo "la razΓ³n que ellas estΓ‘n contentas y felices es porque estoy con ellas. Si quieres ser como ellas, necesitas estar conmigo"
God told me and said, "The reason that they are content and happy is because I am with them. If you want to be like them, you need to be with me."
And holy.
As I watched Lalo step out of his comfort zone over and over, I saw the atonement working in his life. And the full weight of it hit me in that meeting. That this gospel, I don't always understand. And trust me, I'm trying to, but somehow it makes up all the difference in someone's life. The light everyone talks about is not something I felt like I ever could recognize, but I got to witness firsthand see that light grow. My heart felt overflowing.
Transfers happened... I was worried I'd leave my home in Selah, and unfortunately, it happened. I got transferred to Zillah. That meant that our last few days were filled with goodbyes and too many hugs as we tried to leave the homes of people who now feel like family. I did not know my heart could love this much, but goodnight, it was a hard goodbye. But I'm so lucky it was because I'm hoping that means I did do my part.
I am second tranfer training! Just finishing training a new missionary this transfer, so everyone pray for me. Please.
Anyway, I have so many thoughts and no time, but just know God is good and you will never find the kind of joy you can unless you are with God.
Jesus te ama!
♡/Hermana Olsen





No comments:
Post a Comment