Ok guys… I fear I have been slacking on the emails. Tell me why about 20 minutes for me to get the motivation to write, and now I have no time…. Pero
We got this.
Ok starting strong with CHRISTMAS ππ«❄️π πͺΎππ✨️
To say the least, Christmas was incredible.
On Christmas Eve, we did missionary work and mostly just took cookies to our friends and inactives along with our favorite members. And that night, we were invited to a member's Christmas Eve dinner. We had a little Jewish-themed dinner, it was awesome!! And then we played Dradle, folks, I don't know if that is how you spell it, but somehow everyone knows what this is, and I had never heard of it. But we played for a good hour, and to say the least, your girl almost won. Top 2 πͺπ it was hype. Christmas Day was such a random day, but also great. We did a little Christmas morning and got to open our Christmas packages. It was so fun. We had District council so we got to all hangout for a little and then me and my compyies headed over to a cutie member family that invited us over. And it was so fun because since it was Christmas we didn't have to worry about time, and we just to hang out. We visited, drank eggnog, had pizza, and played with Barbies. It was awesome. I got to focus more on Jesus Christ this year. I mean, before, yes, I tried, but truly, without all the other normal distractions that I missed so much, and it was very special to remember why this season brings so much joy. It's because Christ is in every bit of it. Grateful I got to experience Christmas a little differently this year. I'm gonna cherish it forever. And the neat part is 1 done 1 to go, so I'm excited to continue to see what God has got in store.
So very huge things have been going down this transfer. And I sincerely apologize for my lack of info in my email and the lack there of. So here's some good old bullet points so we are all on the same page
President Holland died. I love him so much, grateful I got to be here and feel the power in his testimony. Everyone, go listen to one of his talks.
I got to hand some letters straight to the mailman. This was a very good day for Hermana Olsen
Me and one of my Compys, Hermana Larsen, hit our…. 5 MONTHS!!!! Very exciting We got sushi to celebrate π₯³
Lalo said my Spanish has gotten better ππͺ
New Year, new me??? Maybe… but ¡FELIZ AΓO NUEVO! 2026π₯³ππ₯
We met the cutest old lady while public contacting in a parking lot. And she invited us over. Turns out she is a member and is literally the coolest lady ever. She's like a little witch living in a cottage, and she makes jewelry, and her heart is so big.
Our friend Estefany had a dream about being baptized, and started reading the Book of Mormon and is already in Jacob 𫨠. Everyone, stay tuned for updates
A few old Mexican men want marry us. So that adds a little color to our lessons
I got bangs and so far have convinced 2 of my comps to chop their hair
ok I can't think of much else, but know we are having a lot of fun.
For my last thought of the night, I wanted to talk about something this old lady Vicki Jo (mentioned above) said to us, talking about her children, “they are more than the dirt on their shoes.” When she said this, I actually had to take a step back. It hit me that I have been thinking of people as not much more than the dirt on their shoes. Meaning the mistakes and messy parts of themselves. And even thinking of myself that way. Since being out on the mission, I have realized how much I truly lack. There are so many things I need to work on and things I want to learn. And ways to improve in almost every aspect of my life. And it's been a little overwhelming. But when Vicki Jo said this, I realized I needed to take a step back. Remember who I am, who everyone else is, and remember I have a loving Heavenly Father who understands we are all gray people, even when the gospel is so black and white. Christ reminds us everywhere and all the time that we are more than that dirt on our feet. And he is literally washing them clean for us. His love, along with God's, is that big.
President Holland said, “Christ knows better than all others that the trials of life can be very deep, and we are not shallow people if we struggle with them… he just expects us to believe.” That is how we find grace for ourselves, right along with others.
So my invitation for the new year is to recognize people for more than just the dirt on their shoes. To love bigger, love deeper, and love more.
Anyway, I'm doing really well. I've had several reminders these last few weeks of why I am here out here serving. And I am so incredibly grateful I get to be here with such amazing people. Nothing better than worrying about others and talking to as many people as possible. And realizing that faith can move mountains.
This is God's work, we are so lucky to be a part of it.
Goodniguy slayers, and I hope you had a happy New Year
♡/Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment