You blessed him already? Thats crazy, I feel like Thomas was born last
week! Sounds like it was awesome. And you`re all moving too Idaho, and
so far away. crazy ness! Sounds like summer is started and flying by
already. Practices on the hill, and then you perform it when? THat
girl that looks like one of us, is she Nina? Thats so great you were
all there. I love ya!
I got transferred! I am in my second area, Braniff, zone Parai, and
its awesome, and chicatingo! Super small... My other area covered from
the center plaza, until the 4th ring. This area so covers from the 2nd
ring to the 3rd internal ring. chicatingo! My companion is Hna Patzi
and she is awesome! She`s from Cochabamba and she leaves in October.
We`re thinking we might be here till she leaves... and hoping! We
opened our area, which means we both are learning together. This week
we`ve spent a lot of time just getting to know the members, and
they`re awesome. Super willing to help and I`m way excited to be in
this ward. They even had a ward counsel last night! my other ward
didn`t have one... so i`m super excited! They are working hard to
strengthen their ward. The leaders are great, and i think we`re all
gonna work really hard together.
Its pretty crazy to leave my first area already. Sounds like Pete and
I left together. Normally they call us Tuesday night to tell us if
we`re being transferred or not, but i guess we got a really big group
of missionaries and they weren`t ready until Thursday. ALl of Tuesday
I thought I was gonna leave, and then Wednesday I thought I would
stay. We found out Wednesday night I was leaving and it was crazy! I
packed Thursday morning feeling good about it all and then ten minutes
before we left it all hit me. I`m leaving! WHo knows when I`ll see
these people again. My first area, the only home that i`ve known in
Bolivia. I don`t know what it was, but overwhelming. I might have
cried a little. But I kneeled down and said a prayer, just asking for
help and strength, and to be able to be excited about my new area, new
companion, everything. Then we left! When i got to my new area I was
filled with this crazy excitement. I couldn`t wait to get started! Our
house is beautiful, and we left with two other sisters, Hermana
Merril, from ID, and Hermana Vasquez from Peru - we were in the MTC
together, and have been in the same zone all of our mission, so its
really fun to be together more! They`re all awesome and we`re going to
make chocolate no bakes today! Super excited.
Tuesday I had another awesome experience with prayer. We always pray
before leaving teh house as a companionship. Hna THorpe prayed, and
asked that we would be able to find someone to serve. We left the
house - on time (Important to be obedient if we want blessings) and
were waiting for a bus. THis lady walked by and we greeted her with a
hardy buenas dìas! and then we saw she was carrying to super heavy
grocery bags. We ran over and helped carry them to her house. She
invited us in and we were able to teach her and get to know her, and I
have high hopes that she`s going to progress.But it was amazing to see
how fast Heavenly Father answers our prayers. We pray, we show our
obedience, and Heavenly Father POURS out His blessings on us.
I love this years theme of the pageant, obedience really does bring
blessings. That is one thing that stands out to me so much in the
mission. If I need help, blessings, I better check and see how my
obedience is. LIke it says in DyC, there is a law irrerovcabaly
decreed in heaven - that every blessing we receive depends on our
obedience. It all comes down to obedience. These people that I get to
know and serve, they NEED blessings, but Heavenly Father can only
bless them if they`re obedient. It works the other way too, if we are
obedience, Heavenly Father HAS to bless us, no matter what. ITs so
awesome, obedience!
Things are great here. We ordered pizza Thursday night. Delicious...
different, but delicious :) We also did service Saturday morning. We
helped the bishop clean out his shop. It was way fun! I have a whole
bunch of pictures I wanted to send but I`m already out of time.
I love you all! Thanks for your love and support. Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I love you lots. Make sure you do something fun, like got to pageant
practice and invite teh crew over for cake and ice cream ;)
THe church is true! This is the work of the Lord!
Love,
Hermana Olsen
PS we have two investgators... Oswaldo y Romelia. THey`re an older
couple and Oswaldo has 41 brothers and sisters! different moms, but
wow! and I thought our family was big!
PSS the biggest trial is that people assist other wards. If you have
any advice, talks, anything that helps people understand why its
important to assist in the ward that you live in, I`d love them!
THanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment