Hey fam! I love you so much! It sounds like Nauvoo was amazing, of
course! I sure love that place, the history of the church is so
awesome, there is so much to learn. Tell Julie congratulations! I am
so happy that everything went well, and I`m excited to meet Eden. And
I approve the name. :)
Dane Nathen Olsen! Be careful, be smart, and always listen to the
spirit. I know its super hard to not be able to do everything that you
want to, but its better to miss a few things now, then to have it last
longer or be worse then it should. Remember that you have been blessed
with the Holy Ghost, and one of His characteristics is to guide you.
Really though Dane, I`m proud of you. You really do inspire me with
your awesome attitude about everything. I understand at least a little
how hard it is to not be able to play like we want too, but always
trust in the Lord, and remember that everything we experience is for
our good. Heavenly Father is preparing you for the marvelous work and
wonder that you`re gonna do with your life. Hurry up and learn what
you`re supposed to from this trial of your leg so that you can heal!
Speaking of broken legs, I was telling some investigators about our
experiences with broken legs yesterday. We taught an awesome family
yesterday. The dad is a member, INACTIVO, he hasn`t gone to church for
years. But he broke his leg really bad about 8 months ago and is still
using crutches. And he says it`ll be another year before he should be
healed. But from what I can see he has this awesome attitude about it
all. His wife is really awesome, and was explaining some of her
beliefs about how the church of Jesus Christ should be, and it fit
everything that the Church of Jesus Christ is. Way awesome. They`re
gonna come with us to a "noche de hermanamiento" I think the
translation is a night of fellowshipping? But an activity in the
church this week, and we`re excited. The hard thing is that she works
all day every day because her husband can`t and we can only teach them
Sundays.
We are also teaching this older couple, O y R. They`re are awesome, have a strong testimony of the importance of family, which is really neat to see, because not very many people believe in the family unity, marriage, or anything. We`ve tried to give them a baptismal date several times and they don`t understand yet why its important to be baptized in the church of Jesus Christ. Hopefully we can help them to understand better everything, and it`ll be good :)
A, an older investigator came to church yesterday! And she said
she really liked it! Our awesome new Bishop came up and met her and
talked to her, our relief society president jumped in, and an awesome
older sister also jumped in and met her, and told she had to come
again next week. The ward is growing and bettering so much and it
makes me so happy. A is great, the trick is being able to teach
her husband.
We also had a really awesome experience this week on Monday night. We
are teaching another older lady, but she can never come to church
because she is sick, and can`t walk very well or sit for very long.
She was going to come to a Family HOme Evening with us Monday night,
but didn`t feel up to it. We taught her about the priesthood, and
Brother Mendez, the 2nd counselor of the bishopric came and gave her a
blessing. It was awesome. My favorite part was that he said that she
would be the means that her family would come into the gospel. We
taught her son, and a few of her grandchildren, and we`re going to
keep working with them.
Hermana Patzi and I also taught a short fun lesson last Wednesday for
the ward activity. We taught them to become bread! The topic was
personal conversion. Every ingredient represented something like
scripture study, prayer, faith, baptism, the kneading was enduring to
the end. We made awesome chef hats and wore aprons, the members loved
it. I was gonna send a picture but my camera died :/. Sorry! But it
was really fun.
Well, time to go already. Things are great hear in Bolivia. I am
learning lots. Hermana Merrell got transferred, and my new roommate is
Hermana Castro from Peru. She is an awesome missionary and I am
excited to learn lots from her.
I love you all. Thanks for your support and prayers. I`ll definitely
keep praying for you. I had a feeling that I should pray for Dane this
week. I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of you all. Keep
living the gospel, its the secret to neverending happiness. Mosiah 2
:41., The church is true!
Love,
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment