Debbie
Washington Yakima
Monday, July 25, 2011
Emily alligator skins 7.25.11
Guess what?! I finally bought me some scripture cases, and they`re made out alligator skins! Sweet huh? I`m sending a picture, hopefully it works. I^m really happy about them.
Happy Pioneer Day! Its crazy, I thought about the pioneers a lot yesterday, but no one here even knew it was pioneer day. I guess its more of a Utah holiday, then anything, but its an awesome time to be able to remember what they did, their example, and to learn from their faith.
Mom, I am constantly wondering the same thing. I have got to increase my faith. I am constantly wondering how, what do I need to change. I know that I need stronger faith but, how? Its rough stuff. It talks about how we can increase our faith in True to the faith. There`s so much to learn!
Dane! I love yoU! Take care of yourself, be of good cheer, maybe the Lord hasn`t healed your leg, but He will "make your burdens lighter" like he did for the people of Alma. Keep on keepin on, learn from the experiences that teh Lord blesses us with, and I know you`ll look back when you`re on your mission and be able to share how you testimony grew and was strengthened during this time. Trust in the Lord. WHere are you going for EFY?! I`m slightly jealous, I wanna go!
This week has been awesome, and it all started from when I wrote you all last time! Last Monday we went down town to send letters and print pictures. In the taxi on the way back the taxi driver was a member, better super inactive. He said that he was going to go on a mission, he had a call and everything, but he was in a car accident and couldn`t leave when he was going to, and then he just never went back to church. Hna patzi told me to share my experience - I think she meant when I broke my and couldn`t leave on a mission - but I thought of my car accident and shared my experience with that. My testimony of the atonement everything. It was pretty amazing. As I began to share we were stopped at a red light. I was sitting in back but he looked at me in his rearview mirror, and as I talked the spirit just filled the taxi. A lot of times I talk and the people don`t really understand me, but when I shared my testimony in the taxi, he understood every single word. I could see it in his eyes. The spirit was incredibly strong. He promised us that he was going to go to church this Sunday. It just amazes me how the Lord puts us where He needs us to be and we are able to help in the work. We could`ve taken any taxi home, but this man that needed to be reminded of the Savior and His love picked us up. It was an awesome experience.
Monday night we had a family home Evening wtih an inactive family. Its really sad, they`re sealed in the temple, the husband is an RM, and now they`re are super inactive. We read in Alma 5, where it asks us if we are ready to meet our Savior, and the dad began to explain everything. Apparantly he didn`t approve of something that the leaders had done stopped going to church. They kept reading their scriptures and saying their prayers, they even had their FHEs but little by little they stopped doing everything. When we asked them, they said they weren`t reading, praying, NOTHING. Crazy. I felt the spirit really strong and was really direct with them. I basically told asked them if they saw where they were headed. And I don`t even remember when else. But it was an amazing experience. They didn`t come to church yesterday, but we have another FHE witht hem tonight.
ALso this week, another amazing experience! There is this family that lives in our ward, but assist the other ward in the same church. They say its because they have more friends there. The dad isn`t a member (yet:)) and we have been trying to get an appointment withthem since the first week were here. We finally had onethsi Friday,a nd it was awesome. Recently the mom received her endowment (I don`t know how she has a recommend, if she is inactive in her ward, but oh well) and we talked about the blessings of the temple. But from the time that the opening prayer was said the spirit just filled their house. F. (the dad) said he still had some doubts (the other missionaries had taught him everything), but he promised that he would pray. We saw him Saturday and asked how it went. He said that the moment he began to pray he just began to sweat - and that it was really hard. It reminded me of Joseph Smith`s experience. But he said that he felt good after. When we asked if he believed it was the spirit he just smiled and nodded. We didn`t have much time to talk, but we have another FHE with them tonight too. So exciting! He knows its true. Now hes just gotta get baptized and receive the priesthood, and I think it will be through him that his family is going to be strengthened, and be able to assist the ward where they`re blessings are waiting. Awesome!
Yesterday we were doing missionary contacts when we met these two old ladies and invited them to come to church. The smiled and thanked us and then said they wouldn`t be coming to church because they`re nuns!
Haha I can now mark "invite nuns to come to church with us" off my bucket list! haha
Times up already. This week has been amazing. I don`t know what changed, but I have felt the spirit so much this week, and I truly feel guided and directed. It is so awesome to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I love you all lots nad lots!
Hermana Olsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment