Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, January 16, 2012

Emily, 1.16.12

DAD! You have got to take care of yourself! Now I know why i`m so
accident prone, its in my genes! Please  dad, no more, I can`t take
it! :) Thank you for your example, Your picture - your hand, and just
smiling away. Its incredible. I love you lots dad. Your shinin´.
Accidents like that are pretty common here, Its always interesting
when I shake someones hand and realize that there isn`t as much hand
as there should be. You`d fit right in down here. Oh dad, I love you.
Please take care of yourself.

Thanks mom, for getting another package sent. I just received the talk
and wedding announcements and everything today - thanks so much! Your
the bomb. I also just got Amber's Christmas card - shes pregnant?! When
is she gonna have a baby? I was wondering when more babies were gonna
be comin. I also loved the Christmas card from all the cousins -
thanks! Had to laugh at Jena's- Sorry I haven`t written you but I love
reading your emails..... and nothing else! Hopefully that means
she`s gonna right me soon :) but i sure love ya`ll lots and am grateful
to be part of the Olsen family. Thanks for your encouragement. Jaiden
- When are you gonna have your mission call? Andrew... Adam? Can`t
wait to hear!

Wow! Its almost time to go already! But this week has been good.
Hermana Iquise and I have worked hard. There is a goal in the mission
every week called 7/7, we earn 1/7 everyday that we complete all of
our goals for the week. The most I have ever had in all of my mission
is 4/7, but this week we finished with 7/7 -we completed ALL of our
goals this week, everyday! It feels good, and we have decided that we
gotta keep doin it! I have studied a lot about diligence this week,
and thought about the tortoise and the hair (hmmm how do you spell
that - the rabbit?) and how diligence is the tortoise, we just keep on
keepin on until the end, little by little, progressing. and when we feel
like we have really done all that we possibly can, we`re gonna be
happier.

Its been interesting as we have tried to fulfill all of our goals.
Some nights it was 8pm and we needed one more lesson, with a member
present. All of our citas had failed, weren`t there, and our plan b,
and plan c, and I just prayed to know where to go and who would
receive us. And as I prayed and stayed positive - we found people to
listen. Who received us, and we hope to be able to help them progress.
Heavenly Father has helped and directed us so much this week and I just
feel very very grateful.

We are praying muchisimo that carmen´s identification card comes out
so that she and Jose can get married this week, and baptized the
next,.We had a neat experience as he shared that she had shared her
testimony with a friend and had been able to help her friend with he
gospel of Jesus Christ. Carmen is going to be a very strong member of
the church - and I can`t wait to see her baptized with her husband.

Yesterday we had a really neat lesson with a family. We went to find
them and they weren`t there. So we ran to visit another investigator,
and when we went back they had just gotten home. They welcomed us into
their home and we taught them the restoration. The spirit was really
strong, and they are going to pray to know if its all true. They were
very honest with us, and it was a neat experience.
This week we have met a lot of people who wonder if theres a God, who
don`t have very much hope in their life, and it has been such a neat
experience to be able to share with them that there is so much hope in
the Savior, and His gospel.

Well I love you all so much. The church is true.!
Herman Olsen


Pictures!






No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...