From Korea? I`m sure that's gotta be a sweet accent. Maybe you got a
taste of how Hna Iquise feels all the time, she always says she doesn't
understand me. Its rough stuff learning a language, but its good for
us. And its true mom, the most important language we can learn is the
languages of the spirit. I`m sending some pictures, but I don't
remember what I sent last week, sot he might be repeats.
As far as I know I don`t have fleas ;) I went to the dermatologist
this week, and she said I have delicate skin (didn`t need a
dermatologist to tell me that ;)), and that because the sun was out so
strong it made me itch. She prescribed me a cream and some pills that
i`m taking, and it doesn`t itch anymore, so its good! I take 2 garlic
pills in the morning, and usually i forget at night, there is so much
to do and so little time.
understand me. Its rough stuff learning a language, but its good for
us. And its true mom, the most important language we can learn is the
languages of the spirit. I`m sending some pictures, but I don't
remember what I sent last week, sot he might be repeats.
As far as I know I don`t have fleas ;) I went to the dermatologist
this week, and she said I have delicate skin (didn`t need a
dermatologist to tell me that ;)), and that because the sun was out so
strong it made me itch. She prescribed me a cream and some pills that
i`m taking, and it doesn`t itch anymore, so its good! I take 2 garlic
pills in the morning, and usually i forget at night, there is so much
to do and so little time.
This week has been great. I don`t remember if I mentioned it, but last
week wasn`t that great. haha No one came to church last week and as I
was meditating in RS what more i could do the scripture in ether came
to my head, about not seeing the miracles until after the trial of our
faith. We had seriously done EVERYTHING I could think of to have
investigators in church, and no one came. We prayed, fasted, called
them, went to pick them up, had the members pick them up, and taught
the sabbath day observance - and nada. It was definitely a trial of my
faith.
Tuesday we had zone conference, and president calderòn testified that
if we do our part, are obediente, God will bless us. I had this
yearning in my heart to believe his words, but it was hard. Wednesday
we worked hard all day, but the miracle came that night when we got
home. We were planning when the phone rang. I answered it and it was
the Bishop. He quickly explained that an old investigator that was
supposed to get baptized in December but he moved had moved back to
the ward and had gone to the bishops house to ask if he could have
another opportunity to be baptized. Someone we hadn`t even seen for a
month was asking to be baptized! We talked him Daniel Thursday, gave
him a baptismal date Friday, and this Saturday - hes gonna be
baptized! When we visited him he told us he had a dream and knew that
this was the true church. He lives with his grandma that is a member,
his mom lives in Spain, and his other grandma didn`t want him to be
baptized. But he now has the permission of his mom and his other
grandma, and he is excited. Its amazing. I feel super blessed.
We also had several other investigators in church yesterday. One is the
Lopez family. The first time we visited them Hna Lopez told us that he
didn`t believe in anything that he couldn`t touch or see, and did not
believe in God. We passed by the next week, he received us, apologized,
and said he wanted to keep learning, and that we should teach him like
a "normal person". He has said the closing prayer at all of our
appointments, he is reading the book of Mormon, and he really liked
the church yesterday. it is truly amazing to see the complete change
in his life, and i am super excited to keep working with him and his
wife.
There is also another family and they`re great. Its a single dad and
his two kids, but I love their names - Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. We
haven`t been able to teach them because we couldn`t find him, and when
we did find him we didn`t have another hhermana with us. But he and
his kids have gone to church twice now, and I think we should baptize
them! haha
But there really have been many miracles. I am so grateful for all
that I am learning, to be here on a mission, and to be able to see
that it really is all in the Lord`s hands, and in His time. I know if
we do our best, we can leave the rest to Him.
Thank you for your prayers and support. I love you all so much. Thanks
for being my family.
Love
Hermana Olsen
week wasn`t that great. haha No one came to church last week and as I
was meditating in RS what more i could do the scripture in ether came
to my head, about not seeing the miracles until after the trial of our
faith. We had seriously done EVERYTHING I could think of to have
investigators in church, and no one came. We prayed, fasted, called
them, went to pick them up, had the members pick them up, and taught
the sabbath day observance - and nada. It was definitely a trial of my
faith.
Tuesday we had zone conference, and president calderòn testified that
if we do our part, are obediente, God will bless us. I had this
yearning in my heart to believe his words, but it was hard. Wednesday
we worked hard all day, but the miracle came that night when we got
home. We were planning when the phone rang. I answered it and it was
the Bishop. He quickly explained that an old investigator that was
supposed to get baptized in December but he moved had moved back to
the ward and had gone to the bishops house to ask if he could have
another opportunity to be baptized. Someone we hadn`t even seen for a
month was asking to be baptized! We talked him Daniel Thursday, gave
him a baptismal date Friday, and this Saturday - hes gonna be
baptized! When we visited him he told us he had a dream and knew that
this was the true church. He lives with his grandma that is a member,
his mom lives in Spain, and his other grandma didn`t want him to be
baptized. But he now has the permission of his mom and his other
grandma, and he is excited. Its amazing. I feel super blessed.
We also had several other investigators in church yesterday. One is the
Lopez family. The first time we visited them Hna Lopez told us that he
didn`t believe in anything that he couldn`t touch or see, and did not
believe in God. We passed by the next week, he received us, apologized,
and said he wanted to keep learning, and that we should teach him like
a "normal person". He has said the closing prayer at all of our
appointments, he is reading the book of Mormon, and he really liked
the church yesterday. it is truly amazing to see the complete change
in his life, and i am super excited to keep working with him and his
wife.
There is also another family and they`re great. Its a single dad and
his two kids, but I love their names - Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. We
haven`t been able to teach them because we couldn`t find him, and when
we did find him we didn`t have another hhermana with us. But he and
his kids have gone to church twice now, and I think we should baptize
them! haha
But there really have been many miracles. I am so grateful for all
that I am learning, to be here on a mission, and to be able to see
that it really is all in the Lord`s hands, and in His time. I know if
we do our best, we can leave the rest to Him.
Thank you for your prayers and support. I love you all so much. Thanks
for being my family.
Love
Hermana Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment