Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, April 16, 2012

Emily 4.16.12




The pictures I am sending is of me, stealing fruit while knocking on a ... gate. Our new plan of salvation lesson plan - and When Hna Ramirez climbed on the roof to see why our phone hasn`t been working. As if we know anything about cords, cables, and telefones in bolivia. haha

I don`t know the exact date of when i am coming home, but I am guessing. The transfer ends on July 26. That day we have the afternoon to go visit our converts, and members, that night is the last supper, with president and hna calderòn, then I believe that Friday morning we fly out. I think that the sisters that just went home arrived close to
midnight, which would be July 27. or almost July 28. It`s my best guess. ;) But I still got time!

ya, Raquel. Raquel is this awesome sister that we finally got to meet. She isn`t a member but has gone to church several times. We had passed by her house several times, and wasn`t there, didn`t have time, or sick. We finaly got to teach her a week ago and it was amazing.
Hermana Ramirez and I had just studied about teaching people not lessons, and we went with that attitude. We wanted to listen, and get to know her, find her need, and teach her the gospel! We did, and it was amazing. We talked about baptism and the importance of receiving
the right baptism. But the great part was that as we talked she said, I really need to stop selling Tomales on Sunday. I am gonna start selling Saturday so I can go to church on Sunday. SHE  told US! We hadn`t even mentioned going to church, or sabbath day or anthing. Then a few minutes later she said, I really think I shoud just marry my marido ( boyfriend, spouse, loved one). She felt the need, and the importance of keeping the commandments - and we didn`t have to say anything. The spirit is so amazing! This week when we taught her she had read what we left her. She has questions like - what is the gospel? What is the atonement? Why is the book of mormon so important? It is so much fun to teach someone who is craving knowledge and
understanding. We had a neat experience with her this week too. We invited her to come to baptism with us in the Elder`s ward. She told us to call her Saturday morning to see if she could so we did. I talked to her and
she told me she was going to able to because her 7 year old angel of a daughter (for reals, she is special) Oniela had gotten sick. But then before I said anything she said, no I think she`ll be ok, we are gonna go, where is it gonna be at? She just talked herself into it. We picked her up to go and it was so special. She really liked it. As the baptismal program was finishing her daughter started feeling sick again. She had a fever and her head hurt. The closing prayer was said and we headed out quickly. Oniela was talkig to Raquel outside and I felt that she needed a priesthood blessing ,and justo, we were in the church, surrounded by priesthood holders. I asked her mom if she wanted a blessing of health for her daughter and she said that her daugher had just been asking her for one. Oniela goes to church with her friend next door, and super smart. She tells her mom she wants to
be baptized in the church of Jesus Christ when she is eight, because she wants to be baptized in the same way Jesus Christ was baptized. I don`t know how she knew about priesthood blessings but she wanted one. We headed back in and asked a brother if he could give her a blessing. He said of course, and called the elders (Parrales and Cruz). It was special In the blessing they said that she would heal according to her mom`s faith and her faith. As they finished Oniela said her head didn`t hurt as bad and she already felt a little better. Faith is
amazing, and the faith of a child is even more amazing. 

Yesterday they didn`t got to church because she was sick again. We passed by to see how they were doing. She`s gonna be better - the doctor said it was dangue. We taught Raquel again, and in the end she
said "The more I learn about this church, the more i want to be baptized." She is excited, reading the Book of Mormon, and progressing. It is so neat to see how the Lord has prepared people to receive the gospel.

We also talked to the Roch family. THey are so neat. I just love them. They just eat up everything we teach them. Yesterday we talked about the restoration, and i testified that there is a living prophet. Hno Freddy thought that was awesome. and its true. WE HAVE A LIVING PROPHET! It is so amazing and so neat to be able to teach people that God has not forogotten us. He keeps teaching us and calling people to help us progress. Like mom said, if we will just sustain our leader and obey their counsel, we will be blessed.

The other day we went to visit a new convert that hasn`t been coming to church - Maria. It was really sad because we walked in and she told us she never wanted to go to the church here again. I immediately
started praying, knowing that I was gonna need the spirit so much to be able to help her  (especialy because she is from brazil and speaks portuguese more then she speaks spanish). Normally I don`t understand her but this time, i understand almost everything. It was a special gift. But she told us she didn`t want to go because when she goes to church the whole world is happy to see her, they all give her a big welcome, and tell how good it is to have in church again - but then when she goes home the whole world forgets about her. She said her son
is sick and has heart problems, and she has been with these problems for 6 months - but no one even cares of helps her. She asked why the members don`t go visit her or help her. She said in other churches if you don`t go one week everyone goes to see what happened, and if everything is ok, but here no. It broke my heart, because here, of all places, she should feel loved and welcomed, and needed, and when she feels alone, she should have her visiting teachers there at her side to help her. It was so sad. As we were walking home that night I swore
to myself that I was going to be a faithful visiting teacher all of my life. There is a reasong that the Lord`s church is organized like this, and we must help others. I am super excited to be a visiting teaching. It`s gonna be great! What a blessing. We talked to the RS president, and we are doing everythign we can to take care of Maria
and help her in her time of need.

Well, I know this is the true church, and this isthe plan of happiness! I am so happy to be able to share it with others.

I love you all lots and lots. Have an awesome week, enjoying your spring weather. I am thoroughly enjoying fall and the bits of cold that come every week. Its great!

Love
Hermana Olsen



1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful missionary she is. I love her testimony of visiting teaching.

8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"

 Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...