Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, April 9, 2012

Emily 4.9.12


Feliz Pascua!


I forgot to wish you a happy easter too. But it sounds like you had a
great day, and experience remembering the Savior and His part in this
great plan of happiness. I read out of Jesus the Christ this week and
the gospels, and thoroughly enjoyed having this time to think about
the Savior and remember His resurrection. It has been neat. Thanks for
sharing your insight dad. Yesterday i read from the april 2011 liahona
about always remembering Him, and it also talked about stripping all
of the things out of our lives to put Christ at the center, and then
adding only the necesary. Thanks for the rememinder that there are
only a few months left. Aaaaaaa, thats crazy. 2 more transfers after
this one. I just hope that i am really doing all i can, and am all
that the Lord wants me to be during this time.

I don`t know how many missionaries are in the mission. I just asked my
zone and they said more then a 100 and less then 200. haha I think its
about 150 or 160 missionaries. Seven sisters came in the last transfer
- but one went home this week ;(. I think we are 16 hermanas here. And
president told me that 5 more are coming in this transfer. Two are
going home and i don`t know who is going to train the nuevitas...
should be interesting :) I think there are about 8 zones, and theres
something like 8-10 wards. I was hoping they`d anounce a temple here
in Santa Cruz - but they didn`t anounce any this conference. Hopefully
in October!

This week has been great. We have been praying a lot to find new
investigators. I had a zone leader that taught me the importance of
specific prayers so we have been applying that. Praying to find
families with parents who are married, who have kids, and who have a
desire to go to church - i don`t know if thats specific or picky - but
well.. God hears and answers prayers and we found a family this week
that fits all the requirements! :) the Ro Ro family. THey are
awesome. We contacted them in the street and they accepted an
appointment. We called them that morning and they said they were gonna
wait for us. When we got there, they happilly received us. We had
studied "teach people, not lessons" that morinng in our companionship
study and we applied it. We listened and taught, and really won their
confidence. I asked them if they would be baptized and F (the
dad) said yes! Maybe its my lack of faith, but I thought he hadn`t
understood me. We asked again and they both said a very sure YES! We
gave them a baptismal date for april 28, and they accepted. We were
excited. THey had mentioned that they had problems with extended
family and they were really sad. Hno F said the closing prayer
and cried as he prayed for his family. it was super special.
When we went back on Saturday they were there waiting for us, and they
said they were a lot better. THey told us that since we had come they
had felt so much better. They were praying as a couple every  night,
and they were happier. We talked about the book of mormon and how it
can help in our every day life, and they commited to start reading it.

We went to pick up Hna C (the wife) and her kids for church.
F told us he had to work, but he would for sure go the next week.
When we got there they were outside waiting for us. It was such a huge
miracle. We went to church, and they made it through the three hours.
They have two kids. a boy who is 7 and a little girl who is 2. and
that sweet little girl - B is her name - is the definition of
terrible twos! Hna Ramirez and i did everything we could think of to
keep her entertained. She didn`t want to go to nursery. In relief
society i made her a little hand game of paper - the kind we always
made in church with the programs. And i was wishing i had learned how
to make those paper cranes that dane always made. I think we were all
happy when church got over. haha but i ams ure that every week will
just keep getting better.

I wanted to tell you about Ra - another awesome sister we met but
maybe she`ll have to wait till next time.

I love being a missionary. THe church is true. Our Heavenly Father
hears and answers prayers.

Love you all so much! Thanks for being my amazing family.

Hermana olsen





No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...