Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Emily, 4.2.12




we invited everyone to come listen to a prophets voice this week. As we headed out the door saturday morning to go to conference hermana ramirez said its so crazy to think what is happening today. We had shared D&C 1:38-39 with a lot of this people this week to invite them to come listen to the prophet and we talked about how when a prophet talks its as if God is talking to us. She said we are going to listen to God, its as if Jesus was coming to talk. We pass the people on the street and they don`t even know how special of a day it is. I just love general conference so much. I swear every year it gets shorter, I can`t get enough of it! We were able to watch 3 sessions in English, and one in Spanish. I understand spanish, but english is just such an awesome language, I love it! and it is such a special experience to listen to their voices. I never realized what a blessing it is to speak the language of the prophet and to listen to his voice, and not the translators. 

Mom, your spanish is awesome! Are you still reading the book of mormon in spanish? i hope so! We can practice when I get home. That is so super neat that Hermana Merrell called you. thats her, thinking of the little things and always helping. She always wrote me little notes to tell me how great she thinks i am too, and she helped me so much. in all of my mission. I am glad you got to talk to her.

entonces... my conference notes! I loved it so much. Hermana Ramirez and i have been praying since we met each other to be prepared for conference, and to be able to receive answers to all of our questions. And it was so neat. In Jacob 4:6 we learn the blessings of seraching the words of the prophets. We will have hope, unbreakable faith, and we will be able to command in Jesus` name. Sounds like some awesome promises and just like you mom, i am so excited to receive the ensign and take it all in again. I really really loved Presidente Eyring`s talk from Saturday morning. He said he prayed for challanges ¨Give me this mountain!¨ it made me remember when i prayed tohave more faith, then i broke my leg. Its true like he says, God always answers prayers. He talked about laying te foundation of faith - choosing the right, living the gospel of Jesus Christ, and enduring - he shared an experience of a women who said ¨I knew I had to do it, so I did´ it was a very powerful talk for me, and i would love to read it again. I also really, really, really loved Elder Holland`s talk. His closing line ´Don`t delay, its getting late!" wow! He said there is no problem you cannot overcome, come boldly to the throne of grace. I just read the stake presidencies message about grace, and it was super powerful for me. i learned so much, and I want to learn to access that power more. I also was gonna mention elder David F. Evan`s talk and how important it is to write letters tothe missionaries... I promise you will be blessed for following his words ;) and I will be awaiting all of your letters ! hehe We felt one them was the family, the family is so important. We have to protect it, strengthen it, help it. I also liked Elder Scott`s talk about how to recieve revelation. It is bien importante that we do everythign we an, he even said that exercising every day will  help us be wrothy of receiving revelation. HTat was like oh.... thats why we hae to exercise every day. I also really enjoyed the music this conference. The tabernacle choir and the misionary choir. Hermana Ramirez was way happy because hse knew a lot fo the missionaries that were singing. We also saw Elder  David Archuletta ;) 

Mostly I just love knowing that we have been instructed in everything we will need for the next six months. I am so so so grateful for living prophets, for their words of encouragement and instruction. It has been a spiritual feast, and I think that maybe general cnference should be a whole week, not just two days ;) 

Well I love you all so much! Thanks for everything that you do for me, and thanks for your prayers. Keep being strong, and obedient to the prophets. Maybe you can have a FHE wear you pick out all of the things the prophet told us to do and make a list to put on hte fridge. I know presidente Monson is a prophet of God, and he is an amazing example. I know the apostles are also prophets seers and revelators, and I feel very privileged to live in a time when we can receive these isntructions. I love ya!

Love 
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...