Happiness is . . .
-Seeing Arturo and Sara walk into church - I was so happy I almost cried!
-hearing an extremely old man that you invited to come to church in
the back of the chapel during fast and testimony meeting talking
incredibly loud because, pues, he doesn`t hear anything!
-having isabell (recent convert) tell us on Sunday after she had
repented again that she felt all clean again, and happy. Like when she
was baptized.
-playing the closing hymn in sacrement meeting and seeing the
Rodriguez family come in all smiles because they made it!
-meeting our goals because God is good, and answers prayers.
-walking without knee pains
-watching other recent converts progress in the gospel
-seeing how great the gospel is and how it changes lives
I am so happy! Truth is it has been a super hard week, we have been
fighting to have lessons and find people to teach, but God has blessed
us. Yesterday was a gift after having walked for six days straight all
over our huge area looking for the elect. It was great!
Well, A y S. I can`t remember if i told you about them. A
is hno vera`s brother. The vera Family is amazing! They are the ones
that always take us our to eat ice cream, or invite us over for lunch
on our P-days. They take really good care of us. They also borrow us
their washer and dryer soemtimes. I love them like crazy! And they
have trusted us to teach their brother A, and his "wife" S.
THey are so special and i don`t know why but I feel so much love for
them. I love them! I hope and pray every day all day that they will be
prepared, they will keep feeling the spirit, and they will recognize
that God is answering their prayers. The first time they went they
said there were missionaries who visited them before, but that they
couldn`t ever go to church because of work. A is a photographer
for weddings and birthday parties (ya, birthdays are HUGE here) and
usually the parties are weekends. They also need to get married.They
have a 7 year old son, A-ito, who is a sweetheart. We taught them
the restoration, and they said they would pray. We told them about the
Joseph Smith movie and they wanted to see it. I hope they watched it
yesterday. We prayed and prayed and studied to know how to teach them
Sabbath Day Observance. I love them so much i just want to be the very
best teacher ever so they can except it all. We went with a great
lesson plan, and lots of prayers. We talked about gifts and how the
sabbath is a gift, it was made for us (Mark 2:27), and even before we
could commit them they said they needed the sabbath. That they took a
physical rest Mondays from work, but they had forgotten about the
spiritual rest. They said yes they need it. THen A asked an
inspired question. He said I am not going to work on Sunday, but is it
bad that I send someone to do the work for me? We read what it says in
exodus 20, and he said wow. Looks like i am gonna be working a lot on
Saturday. They are so willing to live the commandments. And they are
feeling the spirit in their lives. They say they are happier, more
relaxed, more patient. We went to pick them up yesterday and A`s
dad was getting home (he is super catholic, we have taught him a few
times) and said, A and S don`t wake up until tardy, they
aren`t gonna be awake. We said we just talked to him they`re awake! He
was super surprised! They went to church, felt the spirit, made
comments in sunday school, and S cried during sacrament meeting. We
don`t know why, but we think its a good thing. This week we have to
teach them about the law of chastity. We are praying lots and lots. We
are gonna talk about the temple, eternal families, and baptism, and
chastity - all in one! Pray for them please! They are super special
for us.
MOnday night we called our plans, and they all were busy and weren`t
gonna be there. We went to our PLan B and passed by for a house we
had knocked on Saturday. She let us in and said her kids and spouse
would be home soon. They got home and we had a lesson with them. It
was great! The Rodriguez family (P and D, and their kids
Michelle (12) and Omar (8). They said we could pick them up to go to
the ward activity on Thursday. D was working, but P and the
kids came and they loved it. Saturday we taught P and D with a
member, and it was not anything that we planned, but exactly what they
needed. It is always so much more powerful with a member there. D
had to work again on Sunday, but P and the kids went to church
(late, but they went!) O already has friends in the primary,
Michelle is going to dance with the youth, and P is really excited
about some projects they are doign in RS. During RS P asked me if
she was a member because she goes to this church. I told her almost,
she just needs to get baptized! And she asked me, how can we be
baptized, and when? We are so excited to be working with them. i love
them lots too. Today we have a family home evening with them and the
T family. Should be great!
Pageant should be a great adventure this year. I am excited to hear
how everything goes. Diana will be a great mary. tell her congrats for
me. I am so glad you got my letters, FINALLY! I love you all so much.
Mom, just keep enjoying your calling,you are there for a reason. My
knees are doing great. They hardly bother me. He didn`t give me a name
of my "disease" but I don`t think its too serious. I have three more
days of fisical therapy, and next week i go back to the doctor. I
called hna and PRes. Calderòn this morning to ask permission to go the
market and Hna calderòn asked how my knees are. It always amazes me.
She is the mission mom and is so full of love, and remembers everything.
President calderòn is also so great. I love them both.
Sounds like you got a full house. Its better that way. Please take
care of yourselves. I had a dream the lock was broken on the front
door of your house. Make sure to lock your doors at night so no bad
guys get in! The church is absolutely true. The gospel changes lives.
Stay strong, always. Its the plan of happiness.
Hermana Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8.19.2026 "Hey.... my crew 🗣☝️✨"
Hey Crew.... I've been fighting demons trying to get this email to send, so sorry about that. This is from last week. So here you go ⤵️...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment