This week has been great! Though L didn't make it to church. He is
planning on coming next week though so that is good. A cool miracle we
saw this week is we knocked on an inactive's door and we found out
that she is the only member in her home. Her husband has just recently
lost his dad and they are all going through a hard time. We were only
able to talk to the wife but it was really good. We talked a lot about
the Savior's ability to help and comfort us in times of trial, we
should be meeting with her and the rest of her family tonight and we
are really hoping to be able to help them through this hard time.
There couldn't have been a better time for us to drop by. The member
spews telling us that she had called her mom and sisters to see if
they had sent us over. It is pretty incredible to be so involved with
the work, so often for me it is still hard to recognize the spirit but
I do know that even though I don't always recognize the spirit I do
the best that I can to do what I can. It is pretty neat to know that
God is watching out for us and helping us every day, after all, we are
all about his work.
Everyone knows the scripture where Nephi says "I will go and do the
things which the Lord hath commanded for I know that the Lord give the
no commandments unto the children of men save he should prepare a way
for them that they may accomplish the thing which he hath commanded
them" I was noticing this morning that his is a common trend
throughout the first book of Nephi. I got to thinking about it and a
scripture in D&C 1:37 (I believe that is it) it tells us that whether
it is by God's own voice or the voice of his servants it is the same.
So if the prophet commands us to do something God will provide a way.
If our stake president commands us to do something, God will provide a
way. If our bishop commands us to do something, God will provide a
way. So that is pretty cool. The thing is, it is only through our
faith that God can help us accomplish all of these things. Faith can
move mountains, Nephi tells us that if God were to command him to
command he sea to be dry ground it would be. That is also by and
through his faith.
Take courage and have faith!
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment