Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, March 23, 2015

3/23/15

So a cool miracle we saw this week, but to understand we are going to have to go back almost two months. In my first few days in my last area (the end of January) we were doing some exploring trying to figure out the area and such. While we were doing this we rode past this lady that was sweeping her drive way. We stopped and offered to help her, there was only one more broom so I started using that and my companion started talking more with her (Ruth) about the gospel. We did that for a while finished sweeping and she let us sit down with her on the porch and teach the restoration. It went pretty well though we found out that Ruth didn't live in our area, so we got her number and address and told her we would have some missionaries that covered her area get a hold of her and meet more with her. We sent the information to the right area and didn't really think much of it again.
On Saturday we were going though our area book looking for people to stop by and we came across a potential investigator who's name was Ruth! We read the notes for her and there was my name and my last companions name. So now I am in the area that Ruth lives in so we called her up and asked her when we could meet with her. She just said "How about tomorrow." Sweet! So we taught her last night and it went great. we have an appointment to teach her again this week and I really think she will progress. She is already so good at recognizing the spirit, which is very uncommon. Now all we have to do is explain how she needs to take action on those promptings and help her do it. Super cool, I am really excited to see where that goes. 
This last Tuesday was Zone Conference, it was pretty neat. I learned lots and am excited to apply those things. It was also a really good time for me to reflect. I have been out here on my mission for almost 8 months now. (Wow) Kinda hard to believe. It seems like I just got here the other day. I often feel like I don't know what I am doing. I really try, but so often I feel like I don't know what to do. I feel like I am just a greeny here and I need to watch what is going on so I can know what to do. And yet I have a good idea of what is going on and what I need to do. it is getting to, whether I realize it or not, where I do know what I need to work on and do better and change. I feel like I am starting to understand how to do missionary work. (About time right?) I am excited to continue progressing and learning. After all, that is what this life is about. For that matter that is what all of eternity is about. Kinda daunting in some ways, on the other hand how cool is it that we can keep getting better at things for the rest of forever? Not many things feel better then realizing that you are progressing and learning and getting better.
Endure to the end, and enjoy it!
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...