Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Friday, April 3, 2015

3.30.15

Hey hey!
Things are going great! This week was pretty awesome! Elder Conrad and I have been working hard to get our area going a bit more and we got several new investigators this week. It was so awesome. It is good to feel like we are doing better and continuing to improve.
One of the coolest things that happened is when we went looking for a former investigator. Her name is M. The thing that got us looking for her is that we got a referral in her apartment complex and thought we might as well see who else might be in there that missionaries had talked to before. M was one of the ones that was in there so while we were in there looking for the referral we knocked on her door. She wasn't surprised to see us, though she did ask how we found her. We told her that we were just looking through our records and thought we should stop by. It turns out that she was having a very, very bad day. She told us that she couldn't meet right then but that she could later in the week and she wanted to pick up from where she left off. (Which where she left off was she had a baptismal date and was almost there.) So cool! She knew that we were sent to her by the spirit that we found her when we were supposed to. Just after that we were walking around the complex when we talked to this other guy, L. L is a really awesome fella in his 60s. He told us that he has read a good share of the Book of Mormon and that his sister who has passed away was a member. It also turns out that he is one of Mattie's good friends and has been doing his best to help her out spiritually in her hard times. So crazy, we could have talked to anyone in there, but no. We talked to people who needed us and were prepared to receive us. I am supper excited to keep meeting with each of them and seeing how they progress in the gospel. 
Conference is almost here! I am so very excited! I just can't wait. It is so neat that we get to hear all new messages from the Lord's seers and revelators. It is just amazing! And it is even on Easter Sunday! Doesn't get much better then that. Conference is so great! Speaking of which I have been thinking about what the word Conference really means. (I have found I really enjoy defining words, it helps me understand so much better.) So, the word conference. Really it is Confer-ence. So what does confer mean? Confer - Grant or Bestow Pretty simple. To confer is to give someone something, bestow it upon them. Ok what does -ence mean? Ence is a suffix that denotes an action or a result. So Conference, the act of bestowing something on someone. In this case, spiritual knowledge and strength on all who watch it. Basically I am really pumped to have this opportunity to be given greater spiritual knowledge and strength. I mean, who doesn't like to grow?
Go Grow, go to Conference.
Elder Dane Olsen
Also one more thing, the church has put out another new video, Because He Lives, look it up it is awesome. It is also a great way to share the happy message that He does live! Happy Easter!

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...