Hello! Things are heating up down here, and the rainy season is starting. Both of which makes biking great fun! This week is transfers so tomorrow morning we'll be dropping Elder Conrad off at the air port to head off to India, pretty crazy, and then I'll get my new companion sometime later that day. The transfers are always exciting!
Over the past month or so I believe that I have mentioned that we had a pretty good number of new people we were working with. Well most of them we are still trying to work with, though several of them are getting harder to meet with. It is getting to the point that they need to start keeping commitments or we need to give them some time. It is also the time for me to make sure that I am doing all I can to help them in the making and keeping of those commitments.
So another one of my favorite talks from conference is The Sabbath is a Delight. What a great talk! I love it. One of the big reasons is because it is so easy to forget how important the Sabbath really is. I mean out here it feels a lot like every other day. Still doing the same thing. That is no excuse though. It is the Lords day, and the Lord's day while one is doing the Lord's work should be all the more special so that is something I am seeking to do better. I encourage all of you to read from conference. It is so incredible to me that we have a living prophet today who speaks to all of God's children here on earth, along with the 12 apostles. It is so Important to heed the counsel we are given because if we don't accept and apply what we already have we won't be able to grow and prepare to receive more. God only gives us what we can take, because he really does know what is best for each and everyone of us. He knows each and everyone of us, and loves us all. That is incredible.
Godspeed!
Elder Dane Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment