Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, June 1, 2015

6.1.15

Hello!
This week has been pretty good. L is still doing great! If it all
works out he will be baptized two weeks from yesterday. I am so
excited to keep working with and even getting him to the temple.
Everything just makes sense to him and then all he has to do is pray
and study and he will slowly and surely gain a testimony. The best
part is that he knows that is how it works. It is just neat to see him
grow.
Anyways we had a neat miracle this last week. We were biking around at
about eight. We were headed to a potential investigator we found  a
few days before and as we were biking through the neighborhood this
guy from his porch eating area said something to us. So we stopped are
bikes so we could hear him and he asked us if we needed our water
bottles filled or anything. We said yes we sure did and walked over to
him. He was sitting out their with his teenage son and once he invited
us to sit down he invited his wife out too. He is somewhat familiar
with our beliefs and surprisingly he knew the this that most people
get wrong and what the real answers were. They started asking
questions and we answered and quite naturally taught the Message of
The Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was really a neat
experience. At this point it is hard to say where T and his family
will go but it will be neat to find out. We'll be meeting with them
this week.
This morning I was reading in 2 Nephi 11. In verse 4 it says "all
things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world,
unto man, are the typifying of him [Christ]" now most of you probably
already know what that means. I didn't this morning, but I do now. The
dictionary defines Typify as represent or symbolize. That is pretty
cool. You are telling me that everything, and I mean everything, that
God has given to man has been a representation and a symbolism of
Christ? That is quite incredible. The more I think about it the more I
know it is true. Anything and everything that God has given us is a
testimony of Christ and His atonement.

Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...