I have already had a few people ask about how L baptism went, and
sadly it did not happen. He is working hard but still having a hard
time with the Word of Wisdom, though that was last Monday so he has
been doing pretty good. We pushed his baptismal date back to July
11th. It is still neat to be a part of this growing process for him.
It is interesting that even though he was serious and sincere about it
in the beginning he is growing more and more serious about really
turning to Christ and gaining Christ's strength. After all that is
what we all need to do. We all need to turn to Christ, and trust
wholly and completely in him. He is the only way that we will be able
to change.
So a little while ago we received a referral . A young man referred
himself on Mormon.org, which is always fun. We have been trying to get
a hold of him and we were finally able to set up an appointment this
week. We met with him and it turns out that one of his friends, Elder
McBride, left on his mission six months ago. (The McBrides live here
in the ward.) He told us "I don't know much about what you actually
believe. My friend just always had a Book of Mormon with him and told
me some about it. What does it take for me to join your church?" Wow.
That was cool! He is super awesome and already knows, through what his
friend has talked with him about, that this is true and it is right.
Christ's gospel as many know is all about love. Loving others and
making friends really is missionary work. Sometimes it is going to
take some effort on our part. That is for certain. We sure put a lot
of effort into it out here, sometimes we see the fruit of it,
sometimes we don't. The important thing is that I remember what I am
out here doing out here and that this really is God's work. I am very
grateful to be a part of his work.
The church is true, the work is great!
Elder Dane Olsen
Debbie
Washington Yakima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride πΏπ₯
Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...
-
Deborah Olsen 12:02 AM (16 hours ago) to me Its February lets gooo Practically I'm gonna try and do a little update since I chose to ...
-
Peter will be coming home on November 28! That is just 7 weeks away. He will be speaking in church on December 9 . For details leave a c...
-
Hello everybodyyyy I’m here again to grant you a silly little email depicting my current life situation. I am, in fact, still a missionary,...
No comments:
Post a Comment