Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Monday, July 6, 2015

7.6.15

Hello!
This week has been pretty great! We stay pretty busy which is always a
good thing. Les is looking good for baptism this Saturday! And then
transfers happen next week. We were able to go to the library with one
of the members from the ward and start him on some family history. It
was pretty cool to watch someone build their family tree from the
beginning. In the hour that we were there with him we were able to
hook into a line that someone had already done a lot of work on and
with that we got him into the 1500s. It was way cool he is planning on
going to the Temple shortly after his baptism to get baptized for his
parents and some other ancestors.
And now for the tell of how I became the hero for getting a ladies cat
out of a tree. One of the members in the ward call us up crying. She
can't see very well (you will see why that is important later). She
proceeded to tell us that one of her cats had gotten stuck in a tree
and that no one had told her about it and the cat had already been in
the tree for two days (of course she couldn't have found out on her
own because she can't see that far). We tried to comfort her and asked
her if there was anything we could do to help. She said not really but
that she would call if her husband couldn't get it down with a ladder
that he was going to rent from Home Depot. She called us back up a
little later and said they were having a hard time and asked if we
could help. We went down there and when we got there they had someone
on the ladder that had never been on a ladder before and he was kinda
scared, he was close but the ladder was getting to unstable for him.
He got down and they asked if anyone else wanted to try. I volunteered
and headed up the ladder. I was able to reach the cat after going a
few rungs higher then the last guy. That was less then half the
battle. I don't know how many of you have tried to get a cat out of a
tree before but it takes some work. It just wouldn't let go, and then
as I was grabbing it the cat started going higher! The bum! So grabbed
it any way I could, which ended up being he tail. Pulled it down to
where I could really grab it and then just kept pulling on the cat
until it finally let go of the tree. I started going down the ladder
one handed and before I got down the cat decided to jump. But it was
fine it landed on its feet then ran off to recover from all the
excitement. I thought it was a pretty funny experience, so classic yet
I never really thought it would be something I would help some one
with. After all, how does the cat get stuck in the tree anyway? We did
get it back down and every one is happy.

Well, that's all for today. I hope you had a great Independance day!
Elder Dane Olsen

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿πŸ₯•

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...