Alma 34:31
"Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought unto you."
Lately it has been on my mind that I don't have a terribly long time to serve. It has added an urgency to most everything I do and look at. It has gone as far as helping me realize that we don't even have very long here in this life to do what we are supposed to do. It is pretty crazy. This life, in the span of eternity, is so incredibly minuscule and this life is such a huge determinant of how the rest of eternity will be. What we do here is crucial. Most of us know and realize this. But does it influence how I go about my day? That has been the question on my mind. as the scripture states "now is the time and the day of your salvation." Pretty simple. NOW is the time; Today is the day! Today is the day that effects the rest of eternity. (Kind of a heavy thought, eh?) Every day is a decisive day. Every day we chose to come closer to God or go farther away by the end of that day. It is completely up to us. Every day I can come closer to the goals I have set, or I can go farther away. Isn't that incredible? I sure think it is!
Yesterday we had a pretty cool experience. We were walking into church and I saw this guy I didn't recognize walking up. So of course I greeted him and asked him who he is. We found out that he is one of our recent convert's neighbor and just decided to come today even though he had never been to a Mormon service before in his life. He seemed to enjoy and appreciate it and we are going to be stopping by this week to see him! We are really hoping it goes well.
Other then that it has been a great busy week.
Merry Christmas Y'all!
Elder Dane Olsen
Here are some pictures of a double rainbow that we saw the other day which was sweet!
and then we had our beach p day today which was awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed that. More pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment