I have been meaning to do this since conference. Today I am starting off with sharing my ponderize scripture. It is Moroni 7:13 "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God." I have been thinking a lot about the concept. It is a pretty neat one! It is pretty straight forward, things that are good are of God. It has been a great reminder to me how simple the gospel really is. If we do good, which means keeping the commandments and loving God. Then we feel good! I received a pretty straight forward commitment the other day. I was challenged to act upon any good thought that I have. It has been pretty cool to notice how many good thoughts we all have each day! Sometimes it is a pretty small thought, sometimes it is a larger one. As we choose to act on these good thoughts we can be assured that they are from God. They are promptings from the spirit sent to us to enrich our lives and the lives of others. It is quite incredible.
On Friday we were invited to go to the ranch christmas party for all of their employees. They served ribeye steak and it was delicious. Then they sent us home with 20lbs of oranges that they picked the day before. Let's just say that I am eating good and loving it!
This week we were able to teach a recent convert couple. They have been having a lot of stress in their lives and in the home in general. Tension was in the air. I was praying a lot as we were teaching them. I just wanted to know what would help them the most right now at this trying time in there life. I know that the gospel is there for everyone in every way. If we have a problem in our lives, a solution is in the gospel. For that matter the gospel is the solution. When we live the gospel there is almost no way that we won't make it through whatever life throws at us. It is that simple too. When we keep God's commandments we are doing good, when we are living Christ's teachings we are doing good, when we do good, good comes to us. The very blessings of heaven are promised to us. Our Heavenly Father's love for us is so very incredible. He wants to help us in our lives. He wants to bless us so much! It is really quite incredible. I am grateful for his amazing planning. I especially appreciate this chance to celebrate the birth of Christ. A Savior really was born. He really did come to save us. To save us from all our sins and all our sadness. He truly is our Savior. For that I am thoroughly grateful.
Elder Dane Olsen
Lovin the December weather!
It is a chilly 70 degrees today. haha Florida is a great place to be
No comments:
Post a Comment