Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

8/13/2019 We have another missionary

Elder Isaac Olsen accepted  call to serve in the Michigan Lansing mission and entered the MTC on August 7.  We got our first real letter today as well as a video call.  So fun to see him, hear him, see his name tag and feel the goodness of his first week as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (Erica and Debbie get credit for the photos:))






We did a temple visit on the way to the MTC







So excited to begin this adventure.  He is amazing.


Hello family and friends! Things are fantastic. The MTC is such an amazing place that has already changed me so much! I already respond to Elder Olsen and when I see Isaac I'm confused because that's not my name. My name is Elder and I serve Jesus Christ! It is such an amazing work and I am so glad to be a part of it! My companion Elder Neilson is so cool. He is here for the right reasons and we work together really well. My district is awesome! 8 of us are going to Lansing and the other 6 are going Charlet North Carolina. All 14 of us are such good friends and love being together. I have learned so much about this gospel! The church is true! 
Last night we had a devotional and after all of the missionaries that got here on Wednesday had another little thing and we watched a talk by Elder Bednar it was so inspiring and I want to try and find a way to get it and share it with you, I think is called Characters of Christ. Look it up! It's awesome! 

 Yesterday I also convinced most of the district to go to choir. It was so much fun and they all enjoyed it! We were singing a primary kids song medley thing. The choir director is an institute teacher that taught us more than just singing. He taught us the gospel! Here is my notes from him!
Eat your vegetables every day
Ebenezer 
Don't eat the holes in swiss cheese 

So inspiring! Haha. Vegetables are scriptures. Ebenezer is your testimony and your determination to stay true and faithful. And eating the holes in the swiss cheese... is going to the wrong things to learn about the true Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If you want to learn about and understand this gospel you don't go and ask Judus. That's just not what you do. You go to seminary/institute, you ask your leaders questions, you go to church, you talk to the missionaries! Don't try to disprove it, try to prove it right and you will find the truth! 

My companion is from kaysville, and raced mountain bikes in high school at Davis high. He also snow skis, so we can talk about biking and powder riding! So that's awesome! I've been assigned as the senior companion. But he honestly teaches me so much everyday! 

I can receive emails anytime of the week and when I get them I can read them. So email me throughout the week! I love getting emails and it is super motivating. 

The Gospel is true and I love it! 

Love you all! 

Elder Olsen 

No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...