Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Thursday, August 22, 2019

8.20.2019


 So glad to hear from Isaac.  He calls and writes and is loving the MTC and the scriptures and the gospel and is excited to teach.  I pray that he is also learning to lean on, trust and love the Lord.



   Hello, this week has been great! We've been teaching Caleb this week, he is a TRC which is basically someone MTC missionaries get to practice on. But they don't tell us if he is a member or not. Anyway so we taught him 3 times this last week, and every lesson was awesome! He followed through with his commitments really well. So at our last lesson with him it seemed right and we invited him to be Baptized! He said he wants to but wants to get some more questions answered first. So that is cool! 

So sleep talking... apparently I talk in my sleep and my one of the nights this last week I said in my sleep "I love my sister." Haha so sisters you can decide who I was talking about. But wait that's not all, Elder Robinson audibly in the middle of the night. Like it woke me up! He said a prayer, it was like the weirdest thing. And it was sleep talking too. So that's kinda crazy, funny and well...yeah. 

And last thing...spoons. So some other Elders started this, they were our old neighbors. Anyway they started while at lunch and dinner sneakily putting spoons on each other. Like in shirt pockets, belt loops, bags, and whatever else. It's the funniest thing! Cuz like randomly hours after you've eaten you find a spoon on you. It's a good time Haha the funniest though was our teacher. We got him twice in like 20 minutes and he was so like confused the first time and then got after us for stealing spoons the second time. So we returned them and have been using plastic spoons since.

Overall it's been a good but very busy week. I love this gospel. I love teaching it! The church is true and it blesses and changes lives! 

Love you all! 
Elder Isaac Olsen 

 

I think this one was suppose to inspire us to send a package.  It looks like great fun, was enough to share and very popular.  Luckily some other missionaries girlfriend sent this to her missionary.  While talking on the phone, Isaac shared his guess that he is gaining weight although he does not like the food and asked if his face was looking fatter. lol 







No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...