Debbie

Debbie
Washington Yakima

Thursday, August 29, 2019

8.7.19



 Hey y'all. This week has been good. Starting off to explain the minivan thing, Tuesday nights we have devotionals so this last Tuesday we got there, the first guy stands up and says "Elders and Sisters, tonight our speaker will be Elder Bednar." *And the crowd gasps with excitement* he literally is such and amazing man! And I loved hearing from him. What his main message was, be a good boy or girl, and keep your feet moving forward. You don't need to know why...but chances are your being led by the spirit. It was so good and I loved hearing him talk.
   Its starting, or over. Depends on how you think about it. Tomorrow at 4:45 AM he check out of the MTC and then we're on our way. So MTC is over, I learned so much and I loved so much! I understand the scriptures so much better than I ever could have imagined, I get so much out of them everytime I read them. I will miss this place and these people, it really has been life changing!  Tomorrow the rest of my mission starts! I am so excited to get out in the field and teach people about the truth that I have found. I have 710 days left!
   This last week was really good. We've been teaching Kenny, he is awesome. He goes to BYU and he's taken three different Book of Mormon classes and knows/understands it really well. He just wanted to have more than an academic view and like more of a spiritual point of view. So teaching him was really fun! He was progressing, and he has said yes and followed through with all of our invitations. So Friday was our last day teaching him and we were all like I think he's ready and we may as well so we invited him to be Baptized. He said he wants to but he wants to learn/gain more of a testimony of it. So that was kind of disappointing... but its okay. I really hope he continues to grow in the gospel! He also is super in to Marvel and was keeping us updated on the outside world basically Marvel almost lost spiderman to Sony then they compromised and now spiderman is under contract for 7 more movies so that's cool! But also he told us they did something super awesome, they got Louise and Corg to summarize the MCU all of the last 22 Marvel movies. Which is awesome! Sorry focused on the work 😁 but I was excited to hear about some stuff going on haha.
   MTC food is fine. The problem is it's like entirely starches and there are tons of it. So you kinda just keep esting.... point of the story is yes I've gained weight. How much is actually unbelievable! I don't know how its possible... but I've gained 10 pounds... so be careful in the MTC it really is easy to gain weight.
   Alma 42:29 And now, my son, I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance.
   I love this scripture! It goes right with what Elder Bednar said "Be good boys and good girls, and keep moving forward." If we be good and move forward, we will be made perfect! Because God is perfect and he and Jesus Christ will bless us in our lives.
   Overall life is good and I am loving serving the lord! Hurraw for Israel! 
   Love you all!
   Elder Isaac Olsen

P.S. I got kissed in the elevator the other day by a sister. Email me if ya wanna know the story haha






No comments:

3.31.26. Hawaii Rollercoaster ride 🌿🥕

 Proof of life coming at you from Hermana Olsen Ok, I've actually got 0 time..... I thought the mission would give me some good time man...