Dec 16 2019
Today was an adventure. I felt kind of okay for a lot of day...but tonight we were at a lesson with a member showing the Christ Child video, I just started getting super dizzy and like motion sick... it was bad... I was so ready to leave. It was super disappointing. Since we've got back I've basically crashed. If this makes no seance that's why for you. I just dont feel good at all... we'll see how I'm doing after sleeping tonight.
Dec 17 2019
Today was a wild adventure. Haha we went and helped the Gougons with some stuff in moving their nonprofit into their new location. It was pretty fun, running back and forth with furniture all over the place. It was a good time. After that we had to take a minute ti recover because... neither of us are feeling very well..... so we went back to the apartment and took a nap and then went out to work again! We were on our way to do a stop by, and all the sudden Elder Connolly turns off and parks and says "Trust me." Then we went and knocked on a specific door and a lady answered as soon as she opened the door she said "Oh hi Elders!" Definetly not what our typical door knocking experience is. Haha it was cool though! She lives with her mom shes kinda like the main caretaker for her mom, they have both met with missionaries but it's been a while... like 5 or so years. Anyway, they were super nice to us and want us to come over for dinner on Sunday and their making us Indian food! Like authentic Indian food because their from India! I am super excited because I love sharing the gospel with people who love hearing it, and I love Indian food! Anyway such a miracle! Come to find out Elder Connolly had been by that house a handful of times and always felt impressed to stop by, but his last companion never wanted to.... he was a unique missionary... Haha anyway so that was awesome!
After that we went and stopped by some people who off of their area book information it sounded like we could get shot talking to them, but also that they might be more receptive to Elders. So we stopped by! They were super nice and welcomed us right in! I look forward to meeting with and getting to know them! After that we had an awesome lesson with John and Nick! They are such good guys! I love talking to them Haha we talked about Zion and the gathering of it and it being a state of mind... and how missionary work is so important! They both have a bunch if friends that their all like "yeah man, ya know we should invite (insert name) I'm sure he'd love it. Ya know we'd just have go help him get over (insert word of wisdom/law of chastity issue) and soften his or her heart and they'd be all over this!" Haha they are such good guys! Definetly total hippies! I love them so much though!
Dec 18 2019
Today has been alright, we've been pretty sick which sucks...Elder Connolly has been worse than me but neither of us are doing well... whatever is out here that we got is bad. Anyway this morning we had district counsel which was good! Every time we end in doing some practice teaching which is fun! I'm usually pretty entertained by it! So we were doing it today and I had a knew idea! When we are sharing the Christ Child video we usually read out of the scriptures like in Luke 2 or something and then watch the video. But we wanted to find a new scripture somewhere to read and while we were practice teaching in front of other missionaries I had the idea to read Helaman 14 which is when Samual the Lamanite prophesies of christs birth and the star! Anyway it was cool and I guess all the other missionaries thought it was a good idea! So that was fun! Haha I enjoy feeling smart!
This afternoon we went around and did some stop bys and then had a lesson with John and Nick, we just read the book of Mormon. We read Alma 48, and Mosiah 15 and Helaman 14 it was all super good! So if you wanna go do some reading...those are some awesome chapters! Also Alma 56 is super good! Haha I never thought I would get to this point of knowing the scriptures and being able to just have things to share from the scriptures right off the top of my head. But being a missionary I am truly ordained and qualified for the work. It's such an amazing thing to be apart of!
Tonight we got shined by William and where neither of us felt good we just went back to the apartment. It is really hard being sick... we want to go work and so we are trying and everytime we go out we see amazing miracles! Like today we happened to run into this guy and girl named Oscer and Precious! They were adorable, a young married couple and were like yeah you guys can come share that video with us on Christmas! Haha so we're going over! Anyway we just wish we could be better...
Dec 19 2019
Today has been good! We had a slow morning again.... I've been feeling pretty good all day, but Elder Connolly has been not doing well... it's tough because if one of us isn't doing well then neither of us can do very much.... today ar 12 we were supposed to have another lesson with Aiden and Page... but we drove there and they shined us... so we knocked like half the town of Concord and didnt get anything besides one girl our age who
Dec 20 2019
Today has been pretty good. We had weekly planning and that took a while. But we did see a potential miracle come from it! We called a potential person and she answered and opened up her life to us! It was pretty cool, then she said she wanted to meet tonight so we did! I'll get to that later. Haha so after weekly planning we had a thing at Jodies we read scripture and she made us tacos and it was pretty legit! Haha I like tacos. They're real good! Then tonight we went to see our friend! Her name is Cindy, we went and met with her and read the Book of Mormon and it was good! She has a 4 year old son and he is a little crazy..... I really just dont think I can handle kids.... they're too hard. This little guy is crazy and freaked me out and I just dont think I ever want to have kids. It's just not something I'm capable of. Anyway that's basically been today. We are gonna let the sisters have cindy because itll be good for them. Haha kids are just too much.
Today has been good! We've had some tough moment as a companionship... but we're doing okay now!
Dec 21 2019
Today was good. We had to go to bell tire an auto shop place and get our battery replaced. Easy job right? Apparently not... it took an hour. So that was kinda ridiculous. After that we went to the Cranmores! They are so great! We were over there and they got us food again, and then we made a ginger bread house, and then shared the plan of salvation with them! It was awesome! I enjoy them and there company a lot! They're just good people and they really enjoy us! It's awesome! After that we had FHE which was good. I literally love John and Nick so much! They are both amazing guys! I have got to get pictures of them! They are my favorite! They love each other so much and they love the Gospel! It is such a beautiful thing! They are such testimony builders and inspirations. Tonight John said when it was just the 4 of us "This is like our own little army just for God with the four of us!" Haha he loves the message and he wants so bad to share it! And be a missionary and see it bring other people joy! It is an amazing thing! Next Saturday is going to be such an amazing thing! They are both getting baptized and I am so excited for them!
Dec 22 2019
Today was really good. Church was awesome! I loved all of the music that was played and sang. It was just so good! Music is such a good thing!
Elder Connolly has been arguing with me a bit today.... which sucks.... he just has been struggling with some stupid things. Which stinks. He is kind of a hard companion I wont lie about that. He is such a loving guy but he just doesn't grasp some things... and it's been hard to be his companion. I really do love the guy and I'm gonna be friends with him at home. But he has been hard. There are a lot of things he has taught me. I sing a children's hymn book song daily. It's called Jesus said love every one. It's a good one. I sing for myself mostly but sometimes for him too. I dont know what to say to him. I am frustrated a little and confused on how to help him out. I guess I'm just at a loss of ideas. All I know is I want to help.
Other than that we had an awesome lesson with the Chaffins they are an inactive family and they really enjoyed having us over there. After that we had a lesson with this lady, she has a bunch if cats and one of them was huge! Like it had to of weighed like 40 pounds. It was ginormous! Haha so that was fun! And then we went to sister bares tonight. Oh and we took John with us! He is great and loved getting to meet her and play uno with her. And the whole time she was there she was roasting the suster missionaries for being too boring Hahahaha it was too funny. But she's 95 years old so she can say whatever she wants Haha. Overall it's been a decent day. With the highs and the lows. And overall of the week it has been good. Trials and all! 
Your love and missionary Elder Isaac Olsen
No comments:
Post a Comment